Meet Lady Liberty

An in-depth look at the female quintessence of LHS

Emma+Ingle+joyfully+accepts+title+of+Lady+Liberty+passed+down+from+Danielle+Corgan.+

Braden McMakin

Emma Ingle joyfully accepts title of Lady Liberty passed down from Danielle Corgan.

Melana Quarles, Reporter

Traditions when they develop, they become woven into the experiences and places where they reside. With Liberty being a newer school, it means it’s in our hands to form traditions, which will gradually become more meaningful throughout the progressing years.

One tradition was started by class of 2017 graduate Danielle Corgan.

Corgan was the first Lady Liberty and earned the title because her bubbly and joyful spirit, and of course her love for high school, especially Liberty.

But with leaving high school, she didn’t let the title die. In May, she passed it down to now senior Emma Ingle. Ingle will sport the title for her senior year and then will pass it down to an upcoming senior.

“I think it means that you are someone who represents what Liberty is, and they have the most school spirit and they can be looked at as a leader for the school,” she said.  Ingles spirit especially shines through during homecoming week.

Her favorite part about Liberty is the sports teams and the sense of camaraderie and also the teachers. On the contrary, if she could change something about Liberty, it would be “inter student relations.”

“Everyone kind of keeps to themselves, and sometimes they aren’t the nicest,” Ingle said.

From her Freshman year to her senior year one of the most important things she’s gained his confidence.

“If you’re going to be weird, be confident about it,” Ingle said.

Ingle has learned a lot throughout her high school career, helping to shape her into her own individual.

“I have struggled with confidence in the past. I knew that I had a fun personality and I was sick of concealing that, so I just thought, ‘okay I’m going to go for it.’ I don’t care what other people think, and high school has become a lot more fun because of that,” Ingle said.

Her favorite thing about herself is her sense of humor.

“I think I’m really funny,” Emma said. She also likes her unique sense of style.

She participates in a variety of extracurriculars at LHS including National Honors Society (NHS), Key club (she is secretary of Key club), Link Crew , ping pong club, Spanish club, and varsity tennis.

Outside of school, Ingle enjoys playing tennis, which is a big passion of hers.

“I’m really driven by that. I always want to win, and I want to get a medal at the end of the season, so I work really hard at that,” Ingle said.

Ingle enjoys hanging out with family, friends and her cats, reading, and community service with her church. And Key club is also a place she can let her charitable self shine through.

“I’m really passionate about helping other people and doing good to the community, so that’s what I spend a lot of my time doing,” Ingle said.

Ingle’s plans for the future are to study political science in college. Her ideal profession would be to be a foreign policy advisor for the U.S government. What made her grow an interest in this was taking AP government and closely following current events.

“I really kept up with a lot of current events,” Ingle said. “I would listen to the news and I listened to a lot of political podcasts that would talk about current events, and that’s what really made me passionate about it. Keeping up to date, I just thought it was so fascinating, and I really wanted to get in on that.”

Out of and in school Emma Ingle has essential qualities and feats that make her a great role model.