Fantasy Football Sleeper Picks

Donnie Robinson, Correspondent

If you play fantasy football, you’ve already had your draft. Keep an eye on these players who may still be available as free agents in some leagues.

DeShone Kizer – Quarterback, Cleveland Browns

• Yes it is very shocking that a Cleveland Browns quarterback would be a sleeper but the Browns have so much trust in him and have had a decent offseason build. Don’t be surprised if he can lead them to a playoff spot.

Alex Smith – Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs

• We all know how Chiefs fans are kind of weary about Alex Smith, but now that he is being elevated by his weapons, you can really see how good he can be.

Philip Rivers – Quarterback, Los Angeles Chargers

• If there’s a quarterback that will always perform well, it’s Philip Rivers. He is always the for sure guy you can trust to get you a decent amount of fantasy points every week in which he usually averages 20 or more.

Mike Gillislee – Running Back, New England Patriots

• I personally have him starting on my fantasy team and he scored 3 touchdowns week 1 of the season and is clearly the Patriots number 1 running back. Expect him to be scoring a touchdown or more every week this year.

Tevin Coleman – Running Back, Atlanta Falcons

• The backup running back for the high powered Falcons offense that got a lot of reps last year and fantasy points and is looking to do the same.

Dalvin Cook – Running Back, Minnesota Vikings

• The fast rookie from Florida State with the starting spot on the Vikings who impressed in week 1 looks to have a rookie of the year campaign.

Tarik Cohen – Running Back, Chicago Bears

• Don’t get me wrong. Jordan Howard is the Bears starter but Tarik Cohen is definitely go to backup and was another impressive player week 1 and one to watch for.

Christian McCaffrey – Running Back Carolina Panthers

• The son of Ed McCaffrey looks to impress the NFL with his speed and quickness that he is known for. He has proven what he has in the pre season which has put him into the starter role.

Leonard Fournette – Running Back, Jacksonville Jaguars

• The rookie out of Louisiana is looking to have a stellar rookie season after showing off in high school in college. He is probably the one of the most NFL ready rookies the game has seen in awhile.

Kareem Hunt – Running Back, Kansas City Chiefs

• After the news let out that Spencer Ware was out for the season, the battle for the starting spot in Kansas City began. After multiple debates of Charcandrick West or Kareem Hunt getting the starting spot, Kareem Hunt ultimately won and stole the show week 1 of the season against the champion Patriots scoring 3 touchdowns and becoming the hottest player in fantasy.

Zay Jones – Wide Receiver, Buffalo Bills

• A real sleeper is this guy right here in Zay Jones. He participated in the Reese’s Senior Bowl game in January and put on quite the show with his outstanding catching ability. After the game many compared him to the likes of Julio Jones and he is now possibly the Bills top guy to throw to so needless to say be looking for him this year.

Cooper Kupp – Wide Receiver, Los Angeles Rams

• A possible rookie of the year candidate looking to shine this year is Cooper Kupp. He is always being talked about being the Rams number 1 target on passes for Jared Goff this year with his strong hands like Larry Fitzgerald.

Chris Hogan – Wide Receiver, New England Patriots

• Now that Julian Edelman is out for the season with a torn ACL, Tom Brady has a more narrowed down choice on receivers to throw to with that being Brandin Cooks, Rob Gronkowski, or Chris Hogan. Tom Brady recognized him last year and he did not let down. Expect Tom Brady to be throwing to him a lot more than last year.

Evan Engram – Tight End, New York Giants

• The Giants are not known for running the ball if anything they are known for passing the ball to people such as OBJ. Now that they added a stellar rookie tight end which they needed for a while in Evan Engram, the passing game is going to be a lot stronger.