Unforgettable Adventures

Three Liberty students take a trip to Spain this summer

Lauren and Nathan Stumpf and Tyler Blackmore were three Liberty students that went to Spain this summer.

submitted by Lauren Stumpf

Taylor Cunningham, Reporter

What could be more fun than exploring Spain? Tyler Blackmore and siblings Nathan and Lauren Stumpf, along with a handful of Holt students, spent nine days of their summer in Spain this summer.

When they first arrived in Spain, senior Lauren Stumpf was stoked to be in a completely different country other than her own. Just thinking about how they flew over an entire ocean blew her mind. The moment when Lauren walked out of the airport and stepped foot into the capital city square of Madrid, she was amazed. The beautiful landscape that surrounded her brought a smile to her face.

“This can’t be happening! I’m really in Spain,” Lauren said.  

The group had many interesting experiences.

Lauren said the food they have there is spectacular and a lot of it is very different from what we eat here. One evening she tried a bowl of cold tomato soup for an appetizer. She explains it as the type of tomato soup we would have here, except it was cold and chunky.  

“It was really weird tasting,” she said.  

This trip was Lauren’s favorite thing she did all summer.

“Overall, this experience is something I will carry with me for the rest of my life. It was one of the most extraordinary things I’ve ever done.”  

Lauren’s sibling Nathan Stumpf, a junior at Liberty, also traveled to Spain this summer. While Nathan didn’t have a favorite part, he said the whole trip was the best.

“It showed a different way of everyday life,” he said.