Growing Student Section

More people are getting involved in the student section

Caitlyn Hamilton

Liberty fans cheer when Eagles score during neon night at Holt. The student section has seen a lot of growth this school year.

Caitlyn Hamilton, Reporter

Anyone who goes to a Liberty football game knows that the atmosphere is full of positive energy. But imagine if you went to a game and didn’t see anyone cheering for their team. Can you imagine how that affects the way the team plays? That’s why it’s so important to make sure student fans are supporting and cheering on our team.

A trend that has been going on around Liberty is people making the student section better and getting everyone more involved. There have been a lot of people talking about how students need to make the student section more involved and how we need it to grow. People in the student section have been encouraging others to get more involved and to cheer on our team.

“I encourage my friends to be more active in the student section because we need to keep growing and show everyone that Liberty is the best,” junior Evan Sacks said. Sacks is usually in front of the student section and helps to organize the cheering effort.  

This school year there’s been a big change in our student section.

“We’ve been more involved in cheering on our football team and us students have really been trying to get others to participate in our student section,” sophomore Lani Marsh said.

Sophomore Emily Gann doesn’t like it when people are not participating in the student section.

“It makes me really sad when people aren’t cheering our team on, if we aren’t cheering on our team then there’s no point to come to the games,” Gann said.

A huge reason why we have our student section is so we can encourage Liberty to win. If the team doesn’t have anyone to cheer them on, don’t you think it would affect how us Eagles play?

“When the student section gets louder, it gets us football players hyped up and it gets us to play better,” football player and sophomore Ben Adelsberger said.

With Liberty’s student section growing, our team has been playing better this year.

“I say the cheering of the student section definitely affects how the team plays. We need to hype them up and cheering is exactly what the team needs,” Gann said.