Last Year at Liberty

Senior year has finally come for the class of 2024
Bryleigh Conley
Senior year is finally here so make sure to enjoy it and get involved!

We made it. We’re now finally in our last year of high school. As we all know, we have had some struggles throughout our high school experience as class of 2024. Which all started by missing the end of our 8th grade year due to the pandemic. Freshman year we dealt with hybrid schedules, switching between both in-person and virtual schooling. Sophomore year we dealt with mask mandates. Junior year we dealt with what almost felt like a new school after changing the schedule layout. Then finally, our senior year, we start it off by having to adapt to the new school rules. But nonetheless, we are finally here and should enjoy our last year. 

“Everything’s going a lot faster than I thought it would. I thought it was gonna drag on like all the previous years but every time I look at the events calendar I realize how short the year actually is,” describes senior Samantha Irlmeier. Including upcoming events like senior sunrise, football games, and homecoming.

Everyone always talks about how your senior year is your best year, but you rarely hear people talking about how scary it can actually be. After this year you will be starting a new chapter, having to figure out what you want to do with your life and leaving classmates. But it can also be very exciting and a point for learning more about yourself, or maybe even starting over. “No matter who you are, you dont ever get an accurate representation of what the future will be like,” Katelynn Larson said. 

As we get older, our perspectives change. Larson described that “as an eighth grader, if you see a senior, you’re thinking that they are a full-fledged adult. You think that they are mature. They know what they are doing and are responsible.” Thinking they would have their whole life planned out. But it’s almost the exact opposite once you become a senior yourself. “I always thought I’d feel so much older but I still feel like a little kid,” Irlmeier said.

Both Larson and Irlmeier talked about the teachers being some of their biggest influences during their time in high school. They are here not only to help and prepare us for the future, but they are here to inspire and make us feel comfortable with who we are. “I have my teachers to thank for the person I’ve grown into and for setting me on the path to achieve my goals,” Irlmeier describes. 

Fast-forwarding to graduation, Larson is working hard to become a chiropractor, and Irlmeier is working to graduate with high honors, earn herself the Seal of Biliteracy, and become a nurse. The future is still a little ways off though, so don’t stress too much just yet. Have fun and enjoy your final year of high school.

View Comments (1)
Bryleigh Conley
Bryleigh Conley, Editor-in-Chief of The Ledger
Bryleigh Conley is a senior in her third year of publications. Working for The Ledger, she hopes to do her best as the editor in chief this year. She enjoys going hiking, paddle boarding, and loves traveling. She also enjoys listening to music and seeing her favorite bands live. As well as, watching anime, and reading manga in her free time.

• C

Cade | Sep 6, 2023 at 11:25 am

I was there man

Reply