• May 13 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 12, Howell North - 2
  • May 13 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 3, Zumwalt West - 2
  • May 11 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 1, Westminster - 5
  • May 9 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Orchard Farm - 15
  • May 7 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 2, Howell Central - 8

Colleen Hoover Books Increase in Popularity

The well-known author’s books have been hard to keep on the shelves
Alexis+Hudson+reads+the+Colleen+Hoover+book+This+Girl.+Hoovers+books+have+become+very+popular+in+local+libraries.+
Payton Unnerstall
Alexis Hudson reads the Colleen Hoover book “This Girl.” Hoover’s books have become very popular in local libraries.

Colleen Hoover is a well-known name in the reading community. Hoover is recognized for her award winning romance and phycological thriller novels. She has written 26 books, with one of her most popular books being “It Ends With Us.” Recently, Hoover has been gaining a lot of popularity from her writing.

“I love Colleen Hoover books,” freshman Amina Beye said. “Her writing is amazing and I know a lot of people who are obsessed with her books.”

Colleen Hoover’s popularity first began to rise when creators would post videos on BookTok reviewing Hoover’s books. BookTok is a community of people who post about literature on the social media app TikTok. As more and more creators began to post about Hover, more people started becoming intrigued by her writing. Now #colleenhoover has 4.6 billion views on TikTok and Colleen Hoover’s personal TikTok account has a following of 1.4 million and is constantly growing. 

Her writing is amazing and I know a lot of people who are obsessed with her books.”

— Amina Beye (9)

Stores and libraries have their shelves filled with Hoover’s books, however, they often seem to be checked out.

“Out of 11 Colleen Hoover books in the library, only one is available at the moment,” library assistant Mrs. Taylor said. Fortunately, her books are available to read online on the Kindle app. 

What makes her books so popular? “What I like about her (Colleen Hoover) books are the plot twists and how realistic they are,” Taylor said.

People are drawn to how realistic the problems in Hoover’s books are and how the characters in the books are just everyday normal people allowing the readers to connect and relate to the characters. But the romance in Hoover’s books really makes people love her writing. The love stories in her books have the readers fawning over the characters relationship.

“The romance in her (Colleen Hoover) books have raised my standards,” Beye said.

While most are huge fans of Colleen Hoover, others aren’t huge on her writing and think that she’s overrated. What’s your opinion on Colleen Hoover books?