Clover: The Bartender’s Side of the Story

Meeting new people is something local resident enjoys about her job
Brielle Vassel
Clover has big dreams for the future. “I just want to create an experience for people,” Clover said.

Not many people can be a bartender. It takes guts and wit along with some good martini making skills. But for Clover, (who did not reveal her last name) it is not just her job, it’s her passion. 

“I really like people. Meeting new people, talking to people, and the gratification that comes from being a server fills me up,” Clover said.

Being a bartender does not just mean you serve drinks. You also serve a listening ear. As a bartender, you get a ton of different people coming into the bar, all with their own stories. So naturally, after being a bartender for a while you gain some stories of your own.

Clover shared one of these stories about a Ranch Martini.

“One of my coworkers made a martini that I had come up with. He made it with ranch instead of cream and served it to someone. Apparently she really liked it. She drank the whole thing and said it was delicious. He almost made a second one too. I laughed so hard.” 

Even though she loves bartending, Clover has big dreams for the future. She has always wanted to open her own business. She wants to open her own restaurant with her partner who is an experienced chef.

“I  want it to be a nice spot to hang out and have really good food and really good drinks, and be affordable but nicer. I just want to create an experience for people.”   

From Ranch Martini’s to wanting to open her own restaurant, Clover’s bartending experience has definitely been a journey so far. So if you happen to meet her, sit down, order a Ranch Martini and listen to the stories she has to share. Maybe, just maybe, you can add your story to the collection of stories that Clover the bartender has heard so far.