• Apr 25 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Ursuline - 1
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Holt - 5
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Holt - 1
  • Apr 23 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Howell North - 1
  • Apr 22 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 3

One Actor in the One Acts

Sophomore Micki Morris and the other performers had about two months to learn their roles
In+addition+to+appearing+in+two+of+the+One+Acts%2C+Micki+Morris+has+also+participated+in+school+performances+such+as+Bright+Star.+
Alix Queen
In addition to appearing in two of the One Acts, Micki Morris has also participated in school performances such as “Bright Star.”

If you watched the One Acts on Jan. 11-12, chances are you saw sophomore Micki Morris showcasing their talents. 

Morris performed in two of the One Acts: “That One About Murder and Theatre,” as Mazy Woods and “The Hallmarks of Horror” as Tim. Mazy works in a theater as a costume designer who wishes to become a painter. Tim serves as a teenage boy who is expected to help represent the nuclear family in the ” The Hallmarks of Horror” story. 

“That One About Murder and Theatre” is about a theatre company with a production about a high school freshman who would have played a lead role in the musical, but was killed prior. The production has to go on simultaneously while the investigation takes place. The characters are actively trying to script and perform what happens in the musical as the production progresses. 

“The Hallmarks of Horror” takes a handful of classic horror tropes and pokes fun at them in a satirical manner.

“Some (of the acts) are better than others,” Morris said. “But I don’t have a favorite.”

Preparations started in early November, meaning everybody involved only had about two months to devise the production. To someone who has never taken part in drama, this sounded like a substantial amount of time–it was not. Normally, school productions take around four-to-five months to prepare for, and even longer for community theatre; with a seven-to-nine month grace period. Overall, they’ve done an excellent job with such little time they were given.

Morris has been acting since the eighth grade, making it almost two years since they started.

“I would like to go to college and maybe get a degree in musical theater. Possibly. But I definitely want to continue after high school,” Morris said. They believe that acting is a fun way for people to process and project their emotions. 

“For hundreds of years, theater has been a space to promote change and I believe that still to be true to this day,” Morris said.