• May 7 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 2, Howell Central - 8
  • May 7 / Liberty High School - 0, Timberland - 3
  • May 7 / Boys Varsity VolleyballLiberty High School - 1, Zumwalt West - 2
  • May 6 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 6, North Point - 1
  • May 6 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 1, Zumwalt South - 2

‘Percy Jackson And The Olympians’: Did It Slay Or Nay?

Is the new film and all its hype worth it?
Brielle Vassel
The fifth book in the “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” book series has recently been made into a popular TV show on Disney+.

By now you have probably heard of the Percy Jackson TV show series titled, “Percy Jackson and the Olympians.” If you haven’t, it is a TV show on Disney+ made off of a book series of the same title. It is full of action and Greek mythology. The question that is on a lot of people’s minds is: is the movie better than the TV show? Does the TV show do the book the justice it deserves? This is a fair question, especially after both of the movies flopped so bad that they did not make a third.

“The movies were not accurate to the books at all,” freshman Sadie Dunlap said. 

However, unlike the movies, the TV show, which debuted on Dec. 20, seems to have a higher popularity and potential to continue and not die out. It has attracted a lot of attention, and positive reviews, despite the TV show coming out a whole 19 years after the release of the first book. The TV show in its first week got over 13.3 million views, and recently surpassed 26 million views.

“I love the cast, I love the dynamic. I recommend this to everyone,” sophomore Ella Quinney said.  

Even though many people watch the TV show, does it do the books justice? According to Ben Wasserman, a critic from Rotten Tomatoes, “Percy Jackson and the Olympians fully succeeds at bringing Rick Riordan’s books to life. From the cast to its visual style.”

From its cast and crew to its accuracy and originality, The TV show “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” has definitely been a hit. With its final episode released, fans will be sitting on the edge of their seats awaiting the release of the second season.