Let’s Hear it for the Homecoming Parade

Wentzville School District kicks off the annual Homecoming Parade

The+junior+class+committee+prepares+for+the+parade.+

photo by o.holler

The junior class committee prepares for the parade.

Maddie Baker, Reporter

On Saturday, Oct. 7th floats started to gather in the Holt High School parking lot to put their last few finishing touches on before the parade starts. The parade was scheduled to start at 9 a.m. exactly, but didn’t actually get started until about 9:10.

Once the floats were moving, kids started to run out and catch the candy that was being thrown out by all three Wentzville high schools.

Many Liberty sports teams and clubs were in the parade including, softball, the marching band, cheer, football, dance, volleyball, junior class committee, StuCo and the Thespians.

Not only were many sports teams in the parade, but also Liberty’s very own homecoming court was in the parade as well.

“My favorite part of the parade was standing in the car and waving to all the little kids,” senior Ashley Cheatham said.

Even if you weren’t in the parade, people from the sidelines had a fun time catching the candy and watching all the floats ride by.

“The parade was lively and cheerful because everyone was excited to see the floats,” junior Sarah Rowley said.

The parade was very lively compared to years in the past and the floats continue to keep getting better and more competitive throughout the school district and Liberty as well.

The district won’t be having anymore parades throughout the school year but next year expect the parade to be bigger and better.