Everyone Deserves To Be Happy

Henningsen spreads positivity to others

Shelby+Henningsens+%28right%29+big+smile+makes+her+friend+Morgan+giggle.+

Bailey Crow

Shelby Henningsen’s (right) big smile makes her friend Morgan giggle.

Bailey Crow, Reporter

Just a smile can make the biggest difference.

Senior Shelby Henningsen was influenced by her dad to make a difference. Henningsen had decided after going through her teen years she wanted to make a difference by just having a smile and showing positivity.

“I spread positivity by checking up on others,” she said. “Being in Student Council has helped me show positivity throughout the school. Getting us all involved in school spirit creates unity within our school and for more happiness to go around.”

Senior Morgan Metcalf says that Shelby is a great friend to everyone and that makes a big difference.

“Just that small change makes a big change over all and over time,” Metcalf said, who is the Student Council president. “Anyone she encounters makes their day better automatically.”

Henningsen hopes in her future years to work in labor and delivery for mothers and newborns or with children and babies.

“When working with other people would want to try to make then happy and that you care so they can feel comfortable and safe with you,” Henningsen said.  

Henningsen is trying to end her years at Liberty as strong as she can so she will be able to look back on how much difference she made at school.

“She has made a big change and has had a lot of growth over the year,” Metcalf said. “I think the time that she clicked was the beginning of this year. She went through something kind of hard and I watched her grow into a new person. And I am so proud of her and everything she has become. She is really great with people, and I think that is her best quality.”

Henningsen likes when other people make her happy so she would like to do that for others as well.