Lights! Camera! Action!

Liberty thespians prepare for their first performance of the year

Julia+Deters%2C+Braden+McMakin+and+Eleanor+McCrary+read+their+lines+at+practice.+

Sarah Downs

Julia Deters, Braden McMakin and Eleanor McCrary read their lines at practice.

Emma Bobbitt, Reporter

The moment thespians have been anticipating for is finally approaching. The students have been working non-stop every day after school to prepare for and perfect the fall play.

This year they will be performing three one acts in a show called A Night of Comedy from Nov. 16th-18th. This time around will be different, however.

A groundbreaking moment is approaching and after four years of performing on a makeshift stage in the cafeteria, they will finally be performing on Liberty’s very own stage in the brand new auditorium.

“We’ve been anticipating this moment for so long,” junior Christian Tebeau said. “We are so blessed and excited to be performing on our very own stage. It’s such a humbling feeling to see how much this program has grown in just a few years.”

Although this isn’t the first production held on the stage, it’s is still such a huge step into the future of Liberty’s growing theater program.

“The best part is working with such amazing and talented people,” junior Paxton Linnemeyer said, who is a three-year drama club member. “We have all become a big family and I am so excited for everyone to see our amazing finished product. Out of all the productions we have done so far, I am most excited for this one.”

The play will consist of many wacky characters and a hilarious monologue that will sure to have you laughing until your stomach aches. However, the play would be nothing without the hard work that the director Mrs. Willis has put into this production.

“Mrs. Willis has done such an amazing job with directing and putting the play together,” junior Braden McMakin said. “She has such an amazing passion for what she does and it definitely does not go overlooked. We all really hope to make her proud, she has worked so hard and put so much time and energy into this production, she truly deserves the best. We could not do it without her.”

Make sure to mark your calendars. A Night of Comedy will be performed three times from Nov. 16-18 at 7 p.m. at the Liberty auditorium. Gather and bring your friends, family and any loved ones out for a night full of laughter and fun. You will not want to miss it.