Hangin’ Around

All of Us club forges friendships across Liberty

Senior Bennett Outman is currently running the All of Us club, along with Mrs. Sachs.

o. holler

Olivia Holler, Editor-in-Chief of Magazine

All of Us club is an opportunity to create friendships and connections all across Liberty.

“It’s a way for social interactions and to make those friends that they wouldn’t necessarily have the opportunity with their class schedule,” club sponsor Mrs. Sachs said.

There are approximately 10 students in All of Us club and they meet every other Wednesday after school in Mrs. Sachs’ room.

Mrs. Whitmore and Eva Herling had originally started the club a couple years ago and now Mrs. Sachs and senior Bennett Outman are running it.

Outman not only is leading the club, but is also a teaching assistant for these students and wants to make a difference in their lives.

“My mom is an OT (occupational therapist) and working with her and seeing the difference she make in the kids lives, I wanted to do the same thing,” Outman said.

It is very rewarding to those who come to hang out with the students.

“My favorite part is watching all the kids laugh and smile no matter what activity we are doing and being able to leave with a smile on my face.” Outman said.

Students love coming to All of Us for many reasons.

“I enjoy seeing and hanging out with with my friends.” sophomore Lexi Paige said.  

They do different activities each time they meet. They try to stick with holiday things but have participated in school events, going to sporting events and supporting fundraisers as well as do crafts.

“In the past, we have gone to pumpkin patch, Heart Association game and then the dance afterwards,” Mrs. Whitmore said. “We have also painted with (art teacher) Mrs. Biere. We just try to get them out of the room as much as possible.”

This club is a way to meet new friends and make new interactions with different students throughout Liberty.