Raising Money For a Cause

Sophomore Katelyn Yoder and Emma Benesek sell holiday ornaments to teachers

Julia Fallert

Sophomores Katelyn Yoder and Emma Benesek went and sold ornaments to teachers to help raise funds for Crisis Nursery.

Julia Fallert, Reporter

FCCLA (Family Career Community Leaders of America) aims to help people and provides opportunities for active student participations at local state and national levels.

On Wednesday, Nov. 16th sophomores Katelyn Yoder and Emma Benesek went and sold ornaments to teachers, who ordered them over a Google form during AI. They were using this opportunity to raise money for the STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition). It is a competitive event in which members are recognized for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation.

FCCLA decided to raise the money for the Crisis Nursery, which is committed to the prevention of child abuse and neglect and provides emergency intervention, respite care and support to families in crisis.

In all, the 30 ornaments sold raised approximately $100.

FCCLA has a lot of interesting activities they participate in throughout the year.

“I have a lot of opportunities to be creative and raise money and help people,’’ Yoder said.