Liberty’s Got Talent

Key Club is hosting Liberty’s first talent show

Alisha Grant, Reporter

Liberty has a lot of skilled students and now they finally have a way to showcase their talents. This winter on Jan. 19, Key Club is hosting the school’s first ever talent show to help fundraise for their service projects. Key Club cabinet members senior Danielle Kunz and sophomore Annette Oliphant are in charge of planning the project.

Anyone can audition to be in the talent show. Auditions will be held on Thursday, Nov. 30 and Friday, Dec. 1 in the auditorium right after school. The acts should be no longer than three minutes so everyone has an opportunity to perform. The talent show is meant to replace the My School Color Run as the club’s main fundraiser for the year.

“Anyone is open to audition. Hopefully a lot of different people will come in and we’ll have a variety of acts,” Oliphant said.

There will be dress rehearsals leading up to the talent show. It is required that those participating attend two of them with a mandatory dress rehearsal on Jan. 18th.

The show will be in the auditorium after school at 7 p.m. The talent show will be a competition with category-based awards like funniest act and most original and teachers will be the judges.

“I’m super excited to be a part of Liberty’s first annual talent show,” Kunz said. “I think it will be an opportunity for Liberty students to become closer to one another and become part of a community. You get to see a different side of someone that you don’t get to see in school.”

Any act is acceptable as long as it is school appropriate so break out your ukulele or tap shoes and audition for the talent show.