Managing the Stress

Sports managers play a huge role for sports teams

Abby+Reed+puts+away+football+jerseys+at+the+end+of+the+season.+

Maddie Baker

Abby Reed puts away football jerseys at the end of the season.

McKenzie Bartels, Reporter

Everyone always hears about who is on the sports teams but many people don’t know all the hard work that goes into being a sports manager for these teams.

Junior Abby Reed has been one of the football managers since her freshman year.

She has always had a love for football. By being a manager, it was a perfect way for her to get involved.

She went to every practice for the freshman, JV and Varsity team, which is a huge time commitment.

Not only did she go to practices and games, but one of her jobs is doing laundry for the team. She comes up to school every Saturday morning and does it for six hours.

Some other responsibilities that she has is making sure water bottles are filled and that the team has all the equipment they need for practice.

Even with all the hard work and responsibilities, Reed has loved being a team manager ever since she asked to be a part of it.

“I love being a manager because I’m able to watch them grow as a team and it’s just another way for me to get involved at Liberty,” Reed said.

Senior Zoe Miller was the boys soccer team manager this past season and she too and she enjoyed every minute of it.

Miller plays soccer herself and by being a manager it lets her enjoy the sport from a different perspective.

“Ever since my sophomore year, (coach) Raziq has always been my favorite teacher. He asked me to be the manager and I was so excited. I haven’t stopped since. I love it,” Miller said.

Although she isn’t required to go to every practice, she does go to every game and always rides the bus with the team to the away games.

Some of her responsibilities are to keep track of who’s playing, scores and she also has to constantly talk to the coaches and referees so she can make sure she is keeping track correctly.

Being a sports team manager comes with many responsibilities and is a huge commitment and the sports teams wouldn’t be the same without them.