First Time For Everything

The first ever Liberty powderpuff game was held at Dames Park

Chasteanne Salvosa

During halftime, the senior girls had a pep talk to get pumped up for the second half of the game.

Olivia Holler, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The powderpuff game is a high school tradition where the roles of a general football game are reversed – girls playing football and guys cheerleading.  The class of 2019 started a new tradition – the first ever powderpuff game.

The game was held on Sept. 19 at Dames Park at 7:30 p.m.  It was $5 to enter and all the money goes towards grad. night.

“We had a lot of help from moms in charge of senior night, Peyton Carroll’s mom, my mom, Nick Lovell’s mom really set it up and made it happen,” senior Tayte Sanders said.

Even though the game was not school sponsored, it was still a huge success.

“I thought it was awesome for not being a school sponsored event and having us do it by ourselves,” Sanders said. “I think it is a tradition that we should support here as a school because I think everyone had a lot of fun doing it and people enjoyed watching it. I really think in the future we set a precedent for it.”

The seniors not only worked hard to plan the event but even on the field – the senior girls were ready to do their best.

“I loved how the girls played – they were aggressive and actually ready to perform not just to be out there and wasting time. They actually wanted to play. Everybody on that field was ready to get down with it. It was awesome,” Sanders said.

The cheerleaders were cracking the audience up with their cheers and stunts that they performed.

“My favorite part was halftime, we didn’t know how well it would turn out but it was real fun,” senior Chase Mitchell said.

The final score of the game was 20-13, the juniors won.

Even though the seniors lost, it was still a win because it was a successful night and hopefully started a new tradition that will live on at Liberty.

Chasteanne Salvosa
Junior girls were on the sidelines cheering for the players playing the game. The juniors won 20-13.
Chasteanne Salvosa
(Left to right)Seniors Noelle Radichel, Mia Eshoo and Mykaela Reiland watch the senior team hustle on the field. The seniors were dedicated and hard working all throughout the game.