Lip Sync Battle is Coming To Liberty

Educators Rising and Cheer sponsor Liberty's first ever staff vs. student lip sync battle

Educators Rising members Katie May, Halle Green and Megan Kruse discuss future plans.

Amour Riley

Amour Riley

Lola Cadice, Reporter

Something fresh and fun is soon coming to Liberty this November and you do not want to miss it.

Cheer and Educators Rising are proud to present Liberty’s first ever staff vs. student lip sync battle. Teachers and students will be singing their hearts out…. or lip syncing it out?

The event will be placed on Nov. 28 at 7 p.m. The admission is $5 and will be used towards EduR and cheer. You will get to see your favorite teachers and friends battle it out on stage.

Mrs. Genenbacher, the Educators Rising sponsor, is extremely excited for this battle.

“It’s going to be hilarious. Some of the song choices are so worth it,” Genenbacher said.

You might be wondering why they have chose to do a lip sync battle instead of other ways to raise money.

“As a club of future teachers, we were thinking of things that would be fun to do with the teachers and the students,” Genenbacher said. “We know how competitive teachers can be so we thought this would be fun.”

Mrs. Genenbacher is extremely excited and ready for the event.

The great thing about this battle is that the money isn’t going to something pointless, it is going towards these great after school activities. Cheer is using the money to help pay for their trip to nationals and EduR is going to use the money to purchase teacher appreciation gifts for faculty. The big question everybody is waiting for an answer to, is which teachers and students will be featured at this event?

Mrs. Genenbacher hesitantly responded by saying, “I’m not allowed to say – you’ll have to stay tuned for the big announcement. It’s going to be so fun.”

Now, what exactly is Educators Rising? Before this battle you may have never even heard of this group, but once you find out about it and how impactful it is, you might even want to join these future teachers. Educators Rising is a group for future educators. They spend time volunteering at elementary and middle schools and finding ways to support our faculty and our school.

Educators Rising is a lot about supporting others and growing together,” Shaina Feinstein, a member of the EduR said. “We have a lot of fun with each other and we can grow as a group.”

Almost everybody involved in this club wants to become an educator in the future.

“I do want to become a teacher. I am most interested in elementary education and theater education,” Feinstein said.

Becoming a teacher allows you to give back and help others.

Even if you are not interested in this event then you can still make sure to go to support your EduR and Cheer. Tell your family and friends about the battle and what the money is going towards and they will be sure to want to come and support Liberty. 

Lola Cadice, Reporter

Lola Cadice is a sophomore and is very excited to be apart of the publication staff this year. She is involved in theatre and loves singing and acting. She also loves travel, fashion, movies and music. She loves writing and is excited to be apart of a journalism class. Outside of school, she likes to hang out with family and friends. She can not wait to get started with writing stories and taking pictures this year.

Amour Riley, Reporter
Amour Riley is a freshman in high school and her first year in journalism. She is a devoted fan of Drake and The Weeknd who in her free time in enjoys listening to music and writing. Amour loves basketball and is a really big fan of the Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors. After high...