HOSA Students Advance To International Competition

Submitted by Jennifer Strathman

Back Row (Left to Right): Sarvani Kunapareddy (12), Jaden Zelidon (11), Kailey Cain (12) // Front Row (Left to Right): Mahathi Manikandan (11), Sanjana Anand (11), Sruthi Ramesh (11)

Jaxon Drezek, Reporter

Members of HOSA (Future Health Professionals) competed in the Missouri HOSA State Leadership Conference, which was held virtually March 22-26 this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They brought home an award and qualified to move on to the HOSA 44th Annual International Leadership Conference (ILC), which will take place virtually this year, June 23-26.

Junior Sanjana Anand was elected Missouri HOSA Vice President. Anand will serve in one of three positions; Vice President of Communications, Vice President of Membership, or Vice President of Public Relations, which will be determined at a later date by the State Officer Team in collaboration with the Missouri HOSA State Advisor and State Office Advisor.

Several Liberty students received awards at the event. Anand received the silver level of the Barbara James Service Award for completing over 175 hours of healthcare-related community service. Seniors Kailey Cain and Sarvani Kunapareddy, and junior Jaden Zelidon received the bronze level of the Barbara James Service Award for completing over 100 hours of healthcare-related community service, which qualifies each of them to compete at the ILC.

Additionally, Mahathi Manikandan, Sruthi Ramesh, and Zelidon received first place in health education and advanced to the international level based on their performance during the virtual state conference.