2022 New Year’s Resolutions

Grayce Page

Students were asked questions about how their life was last years and their New Years Resolution for 2022.

Grayce Page, Reporter

Q: How did your 2021 year-end?

Ashlynn Lang (9): “Pretty crappy honestly.”

William Gambell (10): “Honestly, not really well. I had a lot of family tragedies happen and other things that happened, and Betty White passing away kind of put the nail in the coffin.”

Dontrell Mitchell (11): “It ended really well, because I ended it with the people I love.”

Ally Schniepp (12): “I think it ended pretty well. I had a bunch of friends over and we all just did whatever and hung out.”

Q: What do you regret not doing?

Ashlynn Lang (9): “I regret not saving up my money.”

William Gambell (10): “Probably slacking off in school and not getting good grades. I kinda target it and it’s kinda showing through my GPA.”

Dontrell Mitchell (11): “Not really anything really, I’m very grateful for the situation I’m in and the things I did last year.”

Ally Schniepp (12): “I regret not making the most of every opportunity I got.”

Q: How do you plan to positively change your life this year?

Ashlynn Lang (9): “Get my grades up in school and in the summer once I’m 15, get my permit.”

William Gambell (10): “I think I’m going to try to work harder in school and get better grades,just get better at things that are necessary in life.”

Dontrell Mitchell (11): “I want to start being nicer to people.”

Ally Schniepp (12): “I want to be nicer to myself and to become more focused on to make myself better.”

Q: Is there anything that you would like to invest in this year?

Ashlynn Lang (9): “I want to save up to get my own place or a car.”

William Gambell (10): “Maybe my self-image44, I don’t know. Maybe some stocks.”

Dontrell Mitchell (11): “My mind.”

Ally Schniepp (12): “My career. I’m starting college next year, so that’s kind of the broad long term goal.”

Q: Who are the people in your life you brought with you into 2022?

Ashlynn Lang (9): “My mom and my friend Jordan.”

William Gambell (10): “My family and my friends because I feel like they are the most important people in my life.”

Dontrell Mitchell (11): “They know who they are.”

Ally Schniepp (12): “My boyfriend Evan and my best friend Brynn. Me and her are going to be roommates next year at Mizzou so that’s exciting,”

Q: What is your New Year’s Resolution?

Ashlynn Lang (9): “My new year’s resolution is to be a better person.”

William Gambell (10): “Be better, be better at everything possible.”

Dontrell Mitchell (11): “To be the best version of myself I can be and to be vegetarian.”

Ally Schniepp (12): “Self-love.”