An Overview Of The CAPS Program

An Overview Of The CAPS Program

Kyndall Stubblefield, Reporter

Do you know what career you want to pursue after high school? Do you know where you want to go to college? WSD has many programs and opportunities that allow students to discover their interests and help them decide the best path toward their futures. One of the programs is the CAPS program

CAPS (Center for Advanced Professional Studies) is directed by Erica Land. It is a half-day program available for juniors and seniors that counts for three credits toward graduation. Students have the choice between either the morning session, which is from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., or the afternoon session, which is from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students are required to provide their own transportation. In order to join the CAPS program, students have to complete an application and then be accepted. 

There are three strands that students pick to be a part of. The Global Business/ Entrepreneurship strand allows students to solve real business needs through group projects. The Healthcare strand gives students the opportunity to explore a variety of healthcare professions through projects, guest speakers, and site visits. The Technology Solutions strand teaches students professional skills using technology to design projects and solve problems. 

The St. Charles County CAPS program is designed to help students find their future studies and careers. The students who are enrolled have the opportunity to learn in professional environments. Graduates from the CAPS program will leave with “highly developed professional skills” that can give them a competitive advantage towards the next step in their futures.

If you have any other questions or are interested in the CAPS program, here is the link to their website: https://stcharlescountycaps.yourcapsnetwork.org/