CEA Job Shadowing Opportunity Opens

Students have the opportunity to explore future career paths

College+Counselor+Ms.+Gerringer+announces+new+job+shadowing+opportunity+for+students.++

Mollie Banstetter

College Counselor Ms. Gerringer announces new job shadowing opportunity for students.

Mollie Banstetter, Layout Editor of the Ledger

The Wentzville School District has partnered with St. Charles County CEA (Career Explorations Alliance) for a job shadowing opportunity for underclassmen. 

Liberty College counselor Mrs. Gerringer sent an email to students Jan. 30 announcing the opportunity.

The application opened Jan. 31 and closes Feb. 21. The email included the basic information and application for the program. 

In Gerringer’s email, she states what the experience will entail. 

“It involves following a professional for 2-4 hours, during a typical workday, to get a closer look at what a particular career field involves to determine if the job fits your strengths, interests, and career goals,” she said.

On CEA’s website, there is a list of the businesses they partner with such as, Mastercard, O’Fallon Police Department, Embassy Suites St. Charles, United Services for Children and St. Charles County Government. 

The application stated all work-based learning experiences will occur between April 11 and 29. The exact date and time will be chosen at the beginning of March. Both in-person and virtual options will be offered this semester.

Job shadowing allows students to observe professionals in career paths they are interested in. Students shadowing are then given the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about what it takes to be successful in that career path.