New Netflix Series ‘Wednesday’ Has People Talking

The popular actress Jenna Ortega stars in this breakout series

The popular Netflix show Wednesday has people on the edge of their seats.

Netflix Streaming Services

The popular Netflix show “Wednesday” has people on the edge of their seats.

Emerson Stubblefield, Reporter

Most people think that the new show, “Wednesday” is a conversation starter. According to IMDb, this series rates 8.5/10 from more than 62,000 votes. 

Everyone has heard of the original movie, “The Addams Family,” but this new spinoff series “Wednesday” starring Jenna Ortega has families and teens talking. The series has eight episodes, each one being around 40-50 minutes. 

I watched this series and I really liked how it was more of a suspenseful film but one thing I didn’t like about it was how they had to switch the characters from the parents in “The Addams Family,” to now “Wednesday.” 

The first few episodes were about how Wednesday had to go to Nevermore Academy to try and “behave” herself more and not to get into too much trouble. 

Wednesday had other plans. Her first therapy session she successfully escaped, but got caught and taken back to the school. 

After a few weeks of being at Nevermore Academy, Wednesday grew to like the school realizing that there were adventures, mysteries and even death!

Wednesday was trying to solve the mystery in who the hyde monster was after a mysterious “death” of Rowan, who ended up not actually dead even though she saw with her own eyes that he was murdered by the monster.

Overall, the new Addams show, “Wednesday” brought happiness to everyone who watched it. 

Freshman Bryden Bell states, “I think this show is really good. The acting was very suspenseful and the show really kept me on the edge of my seat.” 

This show I think really got a lot of views because from all the drama, mystery, friendship, and even romance it all comes together around Wednesday. 

I think this show was really good, I would rate this show a 9/10. If you want to watch the series, you can go to Netflix and watch all eight episodes yourself.