Crossing the Bridge One Last Time

Class of 2023 exit this chapter by crossing the bridge a final time

Liz Hayes and Zoe Snell

Sydney Davis

Emily Mesnier and Katie Dowling celebrate as they cross the bridge.

Rylee Shipes, Sports Editor

For the seventh time in school history, this year’s senior class crossed the bridge for a final time. At the beginning of every school year, the incoming freshmen cross the bridge going into the school to represent entering a new chapter in their lives. At the end of the year, seniors cross the bridge exiting the school to show that this chapter in their lives is over, and it’s “a cool tradition so we could all have a clean and heartfelt goodbye,” stated senior Sophia Fiorino. 

Before crossing the bridge, the seniors all got crowns and wrote a message to the “rising seniors” (juniors) with advice on filling their shoes for the year to come. On one crown was written “try your hardest because you won’t have another chance,” by Nathaniel Hanks. 

My favorite part of Liberty is absolutely being able to ‘find your people’, so to speak. There are so many different people who can all get along so well and everyone is very welcoming and friendly. So my favorite part of Liberty has always been its heart.

— Sophia Fiorino

Following the crowns, the seniors are greeted into their final school assembly where Mr. Nelson and Mr. Sodemann gives them their final goodbyes, and as they leave the rest of the school move to their next spots on the bleachers. Juniors go to the senior section, sophomore to the juniors, and freshman to the sophomores. 

Then all the teachers and the band make a path directing our graduates to the bridge where they are met by Mr. Wheeler when they receive their final hug and goodbye. “The line for Wheeler is definitely what got me,” expressed senior Nora Foeller.

They were then greeted by their family and friends as they said their final goodbyes to the people they met in this chapter of their lives before heading off.

“My favorite part of Liberty is absolutely being able to ‘find your people’, so to speak. There are so many different people who can all get along so well and everyone is very welcoming and friendly. So my favorite part of Liberty has always been its heart,” Fiorino disclosed.

As these seniors move onto their next stage in life, whether it be traveling, going to college, or getting a job, they are always welcomed back here at Liberty.