From Sunrise to Sunset

Seniors get together to celebrate the beginning of the end of their last year

Left to right: Seniors Jaeda Lee and Savana Wiegand pose for the Senior Sunrise. It’s help bonded the seniors together and realize the amazing times that Liberty has given them.

Alyssa Bailey, Reporter

Everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but one specific day is extra important and memorable to the seniors.

The Senior Sunrise took place on Sept. 7 at 6:15 a.m., which has been a tradition at Liberty for almost two years now. Of course, one would argue that maybe it’s a bit early to get up and go to school to get breakfast, but it’s free food.

The senior class committee and the sponsors, which includes Mr. Cole, Mr. Schumacher, seniors Alivia Girard, Christian Tebeau and Emily McPherron, came to school at 5:30 a.m. to prepare all of the food for the seniors that were attending. They had skillets, pancake bars and waffle makers, which in total, made about 400-500 pancakes.

“You get to sit and talk and eat free pancakes, I mean, why not?” McPherron said.

Not only was there free food, but it was a time to go and be with your friends before the end of the year kicks in.

“We were just getting together for all the seniors because it’s one of the last times and it’s a bittersweet experience,” Girard said.

It was such a reflecting moment for the seniors because of how quickly these past three years have gone by and in more ways than one, it’s help bonded the seniors together and realize the amazing times that Liberty has given them.

Christian Tebeau has been through the entire experience and has been able to really put this year in perspective for him.

“It’s us, kind of segwaying into the year, as seniors, and it’s a great event to get everybody pumped up for the year,” Tebeau said. “So, at the beginning of the year, we have the senior sunrise and at the end, we have the senior sunset so it’s like waking up on a new day that’s senior year. It is kind of ceremonial just because we all get together and reflect on memories.”

Sarah Downs
Left to right: Mr. Schumacher, Mr. Nelson, and Mr. Cole help the Class Committee make pancakes.They had skillets, pancake bars and waffle makers, which in total, made about 400-500 pancakes.

Not only has it been such a reflecting year, but it’s also been very nostalgic for these new coming seniors. Now that it’s their last year before they graduate, who knows where life will take them and for Emily McPherron, it’s been important for her to be with her friends and remember the best moments from Liberty.

“I did get nostalgic,” McPherron said. “I was just standing with my friends and I had the ‘Oh, my gosh, we’re seniors’ thought in my head and I was thinking that we’re going to end the year with the sunset, and it’s like the beginning of everything that’s the end. Normally, I don’t get nostalgic but this morning, it hit me.”

High school can be one of the toughest years and there are most days that we wish would go by faster but at the end of the day, it’s an accomplishment and at the same time, very worthwhile to experience such a unique journey.

Alyssa Bailey, Assistant Editor-in-chief Ledger magazine

Alyssa is a junior this year and it’s her second year in publications. She’s very excited about this year and what’s to come for the Ledger. She’s...

Sarah Downs, Reporter

Sarah is a sophomore at Liberty and this is her second year with publications. She is on the track and field team as a thrower. She also is a part of theater,...