‘Love That Chicken From Popeyes’

The popular fried chicken chain is coming to Lake St. Louis

Chasteanne Salvosa

Construction for the Popeyes started on Aug. 27.

Caleb Woods, Reporter/Audio Editor

It is no stranger in the fried chicken game, the world’s second leading fried chicken restaurant chain, Popeyes is coming to Lake St. Louis.

According to the city of Lake St. Louis official Facebook page, The new Popeyes is going to be located at 6475 Ronald Reagan Drive. If you don’t know where that is, it is located near QuikTrip and Lowe’s, where construction started on Aug. 27.

Many students are unaware that Popeyes is being built, including senior Devin Eckardt. He believes since Popeyes is close to Liberty, that may help with business.

“There’s a heavy density in adolescents due to the proximity of the school,” Eckardt said.

But some students know that Popeyes is being built including senior Maria Fernandez who is very excited that Popeyes is coming to Lake St. Louis.

“I love their Louisiana food,” Fernandez said.

What's your favorite fried chicken chain?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Popeyes has been around since 1972, but it wasn’t always called Popeyes. It was originally called “Chicken On The Run” but soon rebranded as, “Popeyes”.

Popeyes was named after Popeye Doyle, a character from the move, “The French Connection”, not the cartoon sailor man.

Some popular items on Popeyes menu is their Bonafide Chicken and their biscuits.

The new Popeyes is going to be a huge advantage because the nearest Popeyes is on Jungermann Road in St. Peters, you can see it from 364.

Popeyes in Lake St. Louis is planning on opening in the beginning of 2019, according to a Popeyes source. You know that the time it will be built, we are going to be saying, “Love that chicken from Popeyes”.