‘A Day in the Life’

Students are documenting their life in a day for a multimedia project

Sophomore+Andrew+Taylor+and+Ms.+Muench+pose+for+Taylors+7th+hr+picture+for+his+Day+in+the+Life+project.+

Olivia Holler

Sophomore Andrew Taylor and Ms. Muench pose for Taylor’s 7th hr picture for his ‘Day in the Life’ project.

Olivia Holler, Co-Editor-in-Chief

While some students are listening to presentations and taking notes, multimedia students are doing something a little different in class. They are taking pictures throughout their own school day.

The assignment is for each hour of the day, where students will take a picture of the class of  something easily recognizable. Then they have to eventually, present it to the class.

So for example, if you were in an English class first hour the student could take a picture of a book or with the teacher.

They also have to take pictures with friends, teachers, before and after school and at lunch.

The project is supposed to be fun and a little different than a normal day.

“The purpose of the project is to see my students’  life and how they interact and go through the day,” Ms. Muench, the multimedia teacher,said.

Right now, students are in the digital photography unit where they will learn basic skills of taking pictures and then putting the skills into presentations and projects.

“I like this unit because it allows me to be creative and there are not many restrictions,” senior Markie Schmidt said.

The students have already completed various projects for this unit such as finding shapes around the building and an “I am Poem.”  In upcoming units, the students will learn Photoshop, videos like newscast, crime scene and a lip sync video.

“My favorite thing about this class is working with computers and I am most looking forward to learning more about technology and computers,” senior Jacob Craig said.

Students are doing something different in the class but learning about other peers’ life throughout the school day.