A Warm Welcome

Ms. Kramer is the new attendance secretary in the main office

Ms. Kramer is the new attendance secretary in the main office. Before coming to Liberty, she lived in Before Liberty, she lived in Upper Sandusky, Ohio.

Kelsey Looney

Kelsey Looney, Reporter

Suzanne Kramer was impressed the first time she visited Liberty.

“I was thinking that this is a beautiful, modern and clean campus,” Kramer said, enthusiastically, “Everyone has been so nice and supportive.”

Kramer is here to stay as she is the new attendance secretary in the main office.

Before Liberty, Kramer lived in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. She worked as an attendance secretary for four years in a smaller, K-8 school with around 800 students.

“We had only one guidance counselor and three principals. Liberty High School is double the size school I previously worked for.”

Kramer has had a warm welcome into Liberty, and is enjoying the campus and people surrounding her.

“She’s been super kind since she’s been here,” Mr. Ebert said, who works with her in the main office. “She’s a very sweet person and Liberty is lucky to have her.”

Kramer had been wanting to apply for an attendance secretary position since she was living in the area, and once she saw Liberty had an opening, she was overjoyed.

“The secretary position was posted on the website, I immediately applied, interviewed and was offered the position,” she said. “This made my heart happy.”

As an attendance secretary, hence the name, a large part of her job is keeping track of the students. Of course though, there is more to it than that.

“My primary job tasks are checking attendance for each class hour, answering the phone, greeting visitors, making sure we have a safe school environment and working with a great group of educators and staff,” she said.

Despite her not being here for very long, she is already enjoying the school, and is fitting in very nicely.

“I believe I am doing well. However, there is so much to learn and this school is double the size I worked at before so it is a little overwhelming, but a good challenge too.”