Making Movies

Wentzville School District hosts first film festival

Making Movies

Danielle Corgan, Reporter

Do you have an interest for making videos?

Wentzville is holding their first annual film festival, March 30 for all grade levels. The festival allows students to display their talents in videography and compete against other Wentzville students who share the same interest.

The video submissions must fall under one of the following categories; Instructional, Informational, PSA/Commercial, Story, Music Video, News Package, and Sports.

Submissions are due by Feb. 27. You must look up the requirements for each category and upload your video through the website, Wentzvillefilmfestival.com with an attachment of your script as well.

The award night is being held in the auditorium at Timberland High School March 30, 2017 at 7 p.m.

Mrs. Oliva is in charge of promoting the film festival throughout Liberty and she also is going to be one of the judges in the final round.

“I think it will be really interesting to see what gets submitted because there are a lot of categories that students can create videos for,” Oliva said. “I’m curious to see which ones have a lot of entries which ones have really few entries…I don’t know what to expect.”

If there are too many entries coming from Liberty, they will have a Liberty version of the film festival in which students and staff vote in order to minimize the amount of submissions and send out the best of the best to the final contest.  

“I’m very excited to be able to participate in something like this before the end of high school. I hope that it turns out to be very successful with a lot of participants,” senior Jake Denunzio said.

Participants are eagerly waiting to see how the first film festival will go. As the submission due date gets closer, students will continue to work on their films and prepare for them to be the best in the district.