• May 17 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 0, Howell - 15
  • May 16 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 1
  • May 15 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Timberland - 1
  • May 13 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 12, Howell North - 2

Talon Yearbook Releases Its Newest Volume to Students

This year’s book is approaching a complete sellout
Anna Simms
The 2024 Talon yearbook staff pose for a photo after they opened the first boxes when it arrived to school on May 3.

Everyone always looks forward to the last day of school and summer break. Towards the end of the school year, it’s always a pretty busy time. With tests, graduations, and lots more. Something else that is also happening around that time is when the school yearbook gets released. The Talon for the 23-24 school year was distributed the students last week.

In the front of the school, the yearbook staff put together a yearbook pick-up area. The yearbook pick-up area was open during lunch from Monday through Wednesday. It was super busy every day and filled with students picking up their yearbooks. 

The yearbook staff has been working super hard on this all year long and waited so long for their hard work to finally pay off. From working all year long and putting it together on a screen to now taking it fresh out of the box was truly something amazing to see for the yearbook staff.

Lilly Brown (11) looks through the pages of the newly-released yearbook after the staff opened the boxes for the first time. (Anna Simms)

“I loved seeing people’s reactions when they got the book and got to see it,” junior Lilly Brown said.  “When we all first saw the book together, I felt really proud and excited that we worked on it all year long and that we now get to see the finished product.”

The yearbook staff deserves lots of credit for their hard work all year long. They sold 1,023 books out of 1,035 as of May 13. See Mr. Hall in room 239 if you would like to buy a copy for $75. The Talon staff also has put in over hundreds of hours of hard, dedicated work in this book for all the students in this school year and for great memories to come from it. 

When people received their yearbooks, people were really excited when they got to open it up and see themselves and their friends in it.

“I thought it was really for the better known kids, not really many of the kids that are quieter and stuff are included in the book too,” Zane Lovis said. During lunch, students and their friends flipped through the book together and were just surprised and excited on how it turned out. “It was a huge book and I thought it was pretty cool,” Lovis said.

The yearbook staff works endlessly hard on this yearbook and it shows that it clearly has paid off. Every year it’s a hit for students, the staff, and even the yearbook staff themselves. It’s something enjoyable for everyone, because everyone has a chance to be seen and a chance to be part of something special every year.

The spring supplement is currently being worked on by the yearbook staff and will be distributed in August 2024 at the beginning of the school year.

View Comments (1)
Austin Koehnmann
Austin Koehnmann, Reporter
Austin Koehnemann is a sophomore and this is her first year in journalism. Austin loves spending time with her friends and family. She also enjoys shopping, traveling, reading, tumbling, and silks in her free time. Austin is outgoing and has a very bubbly personality. She’s not sure what her future looks like quite yet but she’s super excited for what’s to come!

Anna Simms
Anna Simms, Editor-in-Chief of LHStoday.org
Anna Simms is the editor-in-chief of LHStoday.org and this is her third year in publications. She is also in her senior year and second year at SCC. After high school, Anna plans on going to a university to study biomedical sciences, and later get a doctorate. She is also a part of Liberty’s drama club as an executive board member, and has done both acting and tech. Outside of school, you can find Anna either taking photos, editing, hanging out with friends, listening to music, or reading!

• B

bryden | May 14, 2024 at 1:52 pm

the yearbook looks great, so glad i got mine all the way from texas!

Reply