• May 7 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 2, Howell Central - 8
  • May 7 / Liberty High School - 0, Timberland - 3
  • May 7 / Boys Varsity VolleyballLiberty High School - 1, Zumwalt West - 2
  • May 6 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 6, North Point - 1
  • May 6 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 1, Zumwalt South - 2

Running For a Cause

Lucy Strong Charity Run helps raise money for those in need with Parry Romberg Syndrome
Submitted by Lucy Lant
The Lucy Strong Charity Run promotion logo to spread awareness about the race.

Lucy Lant was diagnosed with Parry Romberg in 2020 and has had five surgeries since then. She now has two more surgeries left.

Since having these surgeries Lant has been very grateful for being able to afford them. 

“When I had my first surgery, my surgeon had told us about how there are different foundations,” Lant said. 

Finally, she started getting in a better place with her surgeries and she began to see the opportunity to make a difference.

Lucy had decided to start a fundraising campaign called the Lucy Strong Charity Run for those who aren’t fortunate enough to have the surgeries she had. 

A photo of the route of the Lucy Strong Charity Run being held on Nov. 18. (Submitted by Lucy Lant )

The Charity Run Information

The Lucy Strong Charity Run which will be held on Nov. 18 on Paul Renaud Blvd at 8:00 a.m. to noon. There will be a $35 entry fee. 

There will also be a Kids Fun Run that same morning at 9:30-10:00 a.m. that is free.

Lant has had the support of her friends and family along this journey to help others get treated for their diagnosis as well. 

To help spread the word of this inspiring race, there have been putting up signs along the race route with the information and a QR code to enter.

“We’re just trying to tell as many people about it,” Lant said.

To raise awareness even more about the syndrome and the journey of her diagnosis as well as the upcoming race, an instagram account was created called @lucystrongcharityrun. 

“We’ve had a lot of sign-ups and were hoping as it gets closer to it we just get more and more people,” Lant said. She is completely in charge of the race with the support and help from her parents. 

Signs promote the charity race have been set up along the race route with a QR code for people to register. (Caitlin McDonnell)

“It’s been very fun and I’m learning a lot.”

Lant is still undecided about running the race herself but no matter what she’ll be cheering and supporting those who are. 

The money donated from the race will be given to the Ronald McDonald House.

“They’ve helped us a lot,” Lant said.

Along with the donation, they will try to get in contact with some families in need and support them. 

After the entire race is over, everyone who participated will get a finishing medal as well as medals for those who finished in first, second, and third place. They will also have other prizes for those winners as well. 

Lucy Lant with Shelley Barr from Westplex 107.1 to record a promotion of her race.

Sponsorships 

Lucy Lant has multiple sponsors promoting this race, including Pro Outdoor, PJ’s Coffee, Endodontics of Greater St. Louis, Extreme Electrical, Ben and Beccalee Photography, Fellowship of Christian Athletes of Liberty High School, Westplex 107.1, Chick-Fil-A at Hawks Ridge and Northwest Oral Surgeons.

FCA will be hosting a pancake breakfast after the race is over as well as some other local businesses and vendors with booths. 

“Lucy is super involved in FCA and it would be the least we could do,” FCA member Layla Thornton said. Thornton’s goal for this gathering is to get people involved and “bring glory to the lord,” Thornton said.

Everyone will be able to hangout and connect with others. During that they will have a raffle of the participants numbers and will have some giveaways for them. 

It’s still not too late. Sign-up to volunteer or participate in the race to help support those in need. Sign-ups for Lucy Strong Charity Run 5k ends Nov. 17. At 11:59 p.m. Sign-ups for Kids Fun Run ends Nov. 18. At 9:00 a.m.

TO GET MORE INFORMATION OR SIGN-UP CLICK THE LINK BELOW

https://runsignup.com/lucystrongcharityrun