• Apr 25 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Ursuline - 1
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Holt - 5
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Holt - 1
  • Apr 23 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Howell North - 1
  • Apr 22 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 3

New Liberty Legends Awards to be Announced

Staff members nominate students for the 2024 Liberty Legends award ceremony
Anthony Rey
The first Liberty Legend Awards will be handed out Monday, April 15 in the auditorium.

Just this past week select students have been receiving papers from the administration stating that they “…have been selected to receive a 2024 Liberty Legends Award.” This new tradition is to recognize students that staff members think are deserving of it. There is no certain criteria for this award, but as printed on the paper they show “…a great work ethic, showing the most improvement, being an all-around great human, or whatever the staff member that makes you amazing.”

“This ceremony was created to acknowledge students who positively influence our school,” assistant principal Mr. Schumacher said, who is organizing the event. “Sometimes students don’t receive recognition for their positive actions and we wanted to show our appreciation to students whom staff feel are going above and beyond.”

Sometimes students don’t receive recognition for their positive actions and we wanted to show our appreciation

— Mr. Schumacher, assistant principal

The ceremony will be hosted on a late start on Monday, April 15 at 7:30 a.m. in the auditorium. Students, who are receiving an award, are asked to arrive to the auditorium and sit in the designated student section. As the ceremony goes on, students will be called up to the stage where they will be given their award and they will find out what teacher/staff member nominated them for this award.

Students who have received the letter stating they have been selected for this award will soon be receiving an email with a form to RSVP. Their families are encouraged to attend if they are able to.

Congratulations to everyone who will be receiving an award this upcoming Monday.