• May 17 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 0, Howell - 15
  • May 16 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 1
  • May 15 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Timberland - 1
  • May 13 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 12, Howell North - 2

Taylor Swift’s New Album: ‘The Tortured Poets Department’

She’s released her 15th album. Which one is your favorite?
Republic Records
Taylor Swift released her new album, ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ on April 19.

Taylor Swift recently released her new album called, “The Tortured Poets Department” on April 19. Swift has 31 tracks in this album.

Swift has been releasing music since 2005 and has released 15 albums. Her self-titled debut album in 2006 spent 157 weeks on the Billboard 200 by December 2009 and registered more weeks on the chart than any other album in the 2000s decade. Taylor Swift was 16 years old when she first released her album with Big Machine Records.

What is your favorite Taylor Swift album?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Allie Vining, a sophomore, explains that she doesn’t really care for Swift, “I don’t really care for Taylor Swift, some of her older songs are good like the well known ones but I’ve never really liked her music.”

All of the songs on the “Tortured Poets Department” album are around four minutes long, some are over three minutes, others are over 5 minutes. 

Bradley Hudson, a junior, explains that he hasn’t listened to the entire new album yet. 

“I haven’t listened to any of the new album, but my favorite song of hers is ‘Love Story’,” Hudson said. 

Out of all of her 31 tracks, I think “Fortnight” is one of my favorites. I just think that the album is set in a very depressing tone and all of the songs kind of sound the same. 

Kailyn Bullock, a sophomore, clarifies that she hasn’t listened to Taylor Swift’s new album.

“I haven’t listened to her new album yet, but my favorite song is ‘You Belong With Me’.”

Taylor Swift has been making music now for 18 years. She first released her first song in June of 2006. With ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ being her latest released album, I’m sure there’s more waiting to come.