Robotics Moves Forward

This year robotics moves to a new location at Frontier Middle School

Leah Miget

The Robotics team members are coming off a state championship and hope for another strong season this year.

Nolan Piasecki, Reporter

The Ratchet Rockers hope to continue their success from last year and have high hopes for this year.

Last year they won the Missouri state robotics competition which is an offseason competition.

“This year, we have high hopes and plan to make world competitions as we have in previous years. The team has been steadily improving in the past years.” Robotics member Alex Miget said.

Leah Miget
The Robotics team at a meeting earlier this school year.

They have 40-50 students on the team this year made up of students from Holt, Timberland and Liberty. This year they are in a new location at Frontier Middle School.

Their first competition is on Sept. 29, which is called the Gateway Robotics Competition.

They meet year round but the busy season is in the spring. Their meeting times are from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. every Monday during the offseason. During build season they meet Monday through Thursday, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.

The competition is announced in January they then have six weeks to build their robot.

“We then have six weeks to build a robot that will accomplish the goals set out at the kickoff. We certainly have high hopes again for this year last year was the best year we have had so far,” Robotics sponsor Ms. Deatherage said.

Regular season competitions start in March and end with the World Championships in April.