Last Time Best Time

Band seniors first run of the full show

photo provided by Jonica Weiler

Seniors are: (front row left to right) Kyle Pridgeon, Josh Roberts, Kevin Roberts, Sylvia Young, Jose Vazquez, Paul Krekeler, Analia Edwin, Mya Angeles, Jacob Krause, James Allen, Luke Carter, Braden McMakin and Christian Tebeau.

Allison Holtschlag and Amelia Lockett

After four years, high school must come to an end, meaning leaving behind friends. But for seniors in band, they are losing a family.

“Being a group of people that spends so much time together, it’s hard not to be one big family,” color guard captain senior Christian Tebeau said. This will be a year that no one will ever forget.

As marching band comes to an end, only with a month left of activities, seniors begin to reminisce and realize it’s their last year of high school.

“I’m really going to miss the competitions and the trips on the way to them,” drum major senior Luke Carter said.

Many sophomores and juniors will miss the company of this years seniors. For most, competitions were the best, for some, it was the different instrument sections.

My favorite memory would have to be leading some fire yoga sections.

— Josh Roberts

For being in band all four years, there are lots of memories.

“My favorite memory would have to be leading some fire yoga sections,” senior clarinet Josh Roberts said.

For other sections, it may be taking over snapchat accounts.

“Every year the drumline would take over Lot Riot to show all of the hard work we have done throughout the season,” drumline senior Analia Edwin said. For some individuals, it’s their very first competition.

From the stories that have been told, to the actual moments of them happening, it will be hard not to miss these people.

“This year’s group has had a lot of good character and a very positive impact on the rest of the band,” band director Mrs. Magno-Parsons said.

The saying for marching band is “Last time Best Time”, which means with it being the seniors last time, it needs to be the best rep of the show.  

From starting off as a small band, to slowly growing in size each year, the students in this band form a small family. The marching band will next be performing “A Game Of Murder” at Francis Howell on Oct. 6.