Last Time Best Time

Band seniors first run of the full show

Seniors are: (front row left to right) Kyle Pridgeon, Josh Roberts, Kevin Roberts, Sylvia Young, Jose Vazquez, Paul Krekeler, Analia Edwin, Mya Angeles, Jacob Krause, James Allen, Luke Carter, Braden McMakin and Christian Tebeau.

photo provided by Jonica Weiler

photo provided by Jonica Weiler

Allison Holtschlag and Amelia Lockett

After four years, high school must come to an end, meaning leaving behind friends. But for seniors in band, they are losing a family.

“Being a group of people that spends so much time together, it’s hard not to be one big family,” color guard captain senior Christian Tebeau said. This will be a year that no one will ever forget.

As marching band comes to an end, only with a month left of activities, seniors begin to reminisce and realize it’s their last year of high school.

“I’m really going to miss the competitions and the trips on the way to them,” drum major senior Luke Carter said.

Many sophomores and juniors will miss the company of this years seniors. For most, competitions were the best, for some, it was the different instrument sections.

My favorite memory would have to be leading some fire yoga sections.”

— Josh Roberts

For being in band all four years, there are lots of memories.

“My favorite memory would have to be leading some fire yoga sections,” senior clarinet Josh Roberts said.

For other sections, it may be taking over snapchat accounts.

“Every year the drumline would take over Lot Riot to show all of the hard work we have done throughout the season,” drumline senior Analia Edwin said. For some individuals, it’s their very first competition.

From the stories that have been told, to the actual moments of them happening, it will be hard not to miss these people.

“This year’s group has had a lot of good character and a very positive impact on the rest of the band,” band director Mrs. Magno-Parsons said.

The saying for marching band is “Last time Best Time”, which means with it being the seniors last time, it needs to be the best rep of the show.  

From starting off as a small band, to slowly growing in size each year, the students in this band form a small family. The marching band will next be performing “A Game Of Murder” at Francis Howell on Oct. 6.

About the Writers
Allison Holtschlag, Reporter

Allison Holtschlag is a sophomore and this is her first year in the publication staff. Allison is involved in color guard (currently co-captain), helps with band, and is a part of German club. Outside of school, she loves hanging with friends, going on walks, exploring new places, being with her family and writing. She hopes to learn a lot more about writing and hopes to take this experience and use it in the future. Allison is very excited to be apart of the journalism this year and can’t wait to see how this year goes.

Amelia Lockett, Reporter

Amelia is a sophomore and this is her first year of being on the publication staff.  She plays the clarinet in marching and concert band. She also hopes to participate in French club. Outside of school she likes playing the piano,writing, traveling and playing with her pets. She also enjoys hanging out with friends and spending time with family. She wants to go to college for journalism, so she is exploring this hobby to hopefully make into a career. For the rest of high school, she looks forward to being a part of the publication team.