Finding a Club for You

In case you missed important club meeting dates, here is a list with all of the updates from this month
Clubs+post+a+lot+of+information+on+the+Nest+News+boards+around+the+school.+However%2C+sometimes+those+boards+can+be+overcrowded+leaving+students+confused+about+different+club+meeting+times%2C+dates%2C+and+locations.+Sophomore+Anna+Greminger+looks+into+the+Liberty+Eagles+Nest+News+Board+to+figure+out+what+clubs+she+might+be+interested+in.+
Anumitha Vaka
Clubs post a lot of information on the Nest News boards around the school. However, sometimes those boards can be overcrowded leaving students confused about different club meeting times, dates, and locations. Sophomore Anna Greminger looks into the Liberty Eagles Nest News Board to figure out what clubs she might be interested in.

Clubs are a vital part of Liberty High School, and are a great way for students to get involved. September is a big month for most clubs as they start their new year of fun and service. In case you’ve missed the updates and announcements made by different clubs, here’s a full list of everything going on this month. 

Acapella club is a new club this year for all music enthusiasts and singers. Musical background is optional all you have to do is have a love for singing. (Anthony Rey)

Acapella Club: First meeting was Sept. 13. September meetings: 9/13, 9/20, and 9/27. Meetings are every Wednesday after school from 2:30-3:30 in Mr. Datz’s room (509). For more information, contact Mr. Datz. 

Art Club: First meeting was Aug. 30. September meetings: 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, and 9/27. Meetings are every Wednesday during Red Soar Time in Biere’s room (320). For more information, contact Ms. Biere. 

Coding Club: First meeting was Aug. 31. September meetings: 9/14, 9/21, and 9/28. Meetings are twice a month on Thursdays after school from 2:15-3:30 in Mr. Barker’s room (337). For more information, contact Mr. Barker. 

DECA: First meeting was Sept. 7. September meetings: 9/7 and 9/21. Meetings are before school at 6:45-7:15 or after school at 2:15-3:30 in Taylor’s room (431). For more information, contact Ms. Taylor and Mrs. Muench. 

Diversity Club: First meeting is Sept. 27. Meetings are once a month on Wednesdays after school from 2:15-3:30 in Ms. TO’s room (210). For more information, contact Ms. TO. 

Drama Club: First meeting was Aug. 22. September meeting: 9/12. Meetings are once a month on the second Tuesday of each month during Red Soar Time in Ms. Gehrke’s room (506). For more information, contact Ms. Gehrke. 

Earth Club: First meeting was Sept. 8. September meetings: 9/8 and 9/22. Meetings are every other Friday during Red Soar Time in Mrs. Pizzo’s room (313). For more information, contact Mrs. Pizzo. 

Educators Rising: First meeting is Sept. 27. Meetings are once a month on the Last Friday of the month during Blue Soar Time in Mrs. McFadden’s room (323). For more information, contact Mrs. McFadden. 

E-Sports/Chess Club: First meeting was Aug. 31. Meetings are every Thursday during all of SOAR TIME in Ms. T-O’s room (210). For more information, contact Ms. T-O. 

FBLA: First meeting was Sept. 15. September meeting: 9/15 rest are TBD. Meetings are typically after school in Mr. Jarrett’s room (413) For more information, contact Mr. Jarrett. 

FCA: First meeting was Aug. 28. September meetings: 9/11, and 9/25. Meetings are every Monday during Red Soar Time in the band room (507). For more information, contact Mr. Hendricks. 

FCCLA: First meeting was Sept. 1. September meetings: 9/1, and 9/15. Meetings are once a month on Fridays during Red Soar Time in Mrs. Pizzo’s room (313). As well as twice a month on Wednesdays after school 2:15-3:30. For more information, contact Mrs. Pizzo or Mrs. McFadden. 

Film Club: First meeting was Aug. 24. September meetings: 9/7, 9/14, 9/21, and 9/28. Meetings are Thursdays during Blue Soar Time in Mr. Hall’s room (239). For more information, contact Mr. Hall. 

French Club: French club first meeting TBD. Meetings will typically be held in Ms. Jennings’ room (220). For more information, contact Ms. Jennings.

Friends4Foster: First meeting was Aug. 22. September meeting: 9/22. Friends4Foster meet two Wednesdays each month after school in Ms. T-O’s room (210). For more information, contact Ms. T-O. 

Games Club: First meeting was Aug. 28. September meetings: 9/11, 9/18, and 9/25. Games club meets every Monday after school from 2:15-3:15 in Ms. T-O’s room (210). For more information, contact Ms. TO.

Garden Club is a fun place to learn about and practice gardening. Whether that be outside or inside with the indoor Tower Garden. (Anthony Rey)

Garden Club: First meeting was Aug. 30. September meetings: 9/13, 9/20. Meetings are typically held every other Wednesday after school 2:15-3:15 in Mrs. Pizzo’s room (313), but are subject to change. For more information, contact Mrs. Pizzo. 

German Club: First meeting is Oct. 3. Meetings will typically be held during Red Soar Time in Mr. Gwin’s room (224). For more information, contact Mr. Gwin.

GSA: First meeting was Sept. 14. September meeting: 9/14. GSA meets once every month typically on the 2nd or 4th Thursday of the month during Blue Soar Time in Mr. Eversole’s room (218). For more information, contact Mr. Eversole. 

HOSA: First meeting was Sept. 1. September meetings: 9/1 and 9/15. HOSA meets on the second Friday of each month during Red Soar Time in Mrs. Strathman’s room (425). For more information, contact Mrs. Strathman or Mrs. Biereman. 

International Club: First meeting was Sept. 13. September meeting: 9/13. International club meets on Wednesdays during Blue Soar Time in Mr. Barker’s room (337). For more information, contact Mr. Barker. 

Key Club: First meeting was Sept. 7. September meeting: Sept. 7th. Key club meets on the first Thursday of each month after school 2:15-3:30 in Mr. Barker’s room (337). For more information, contact Mr. Barker or Mrs. Feddersen. 

Lacrosse Club: First meeting TBD. For more information, contact Mrs. McFadden.

Link Crew: First meeting was Sept. 7. September meeting: Sept. 7. Link Crew meets on the first Thursday of the month during Blue Soar Time in Mr. Eversole’s room (218). For more information, contact Mr. Eversole. 

Model UN is a new club that started this year that is a mock version of the real United Nations. Students will collaborate and compete with other school in the area to create a Model UN. (Rylee Shipes)

Model UN: First meeting was Sept. 6. September meetings: 9/6 and 9/20. Model UN meets on every other Thursday during Blue Soar Time in Mrs. Hickerson’s room (235). For more information, contact Mrs. Hickerson.

NHS: First meeting was Sept. 14. September meeting: 9/14. NHS meets once every month typically on the 2nd Thursday of the month before school at 6:45 in the auditorium. For more information, contact Mrs. Gerringer or Mr. Evans. 

Robotics: First meeting was Sept. 18. September meetings: 9/18 and 9/25. The Ratchet Rockers meet every Monday after school from 5-8pm at Harris Building 719 W. Pearce. Wentzville. For more information, contact [email protected]

Scholar Bowl: First meeting is Sept. 26. September meeting: 9/26. Scholar Bowl meets every Tuesday after school 2:30-3:15 in Mr. Schaper’s room (223). For more information, contact Mrs. Gerringer or Mr. Schaper. 

Speech & Debate: First meeting was Sept. 6. September meeting: 9/6. Speech & Debate typically meets after school in Mrs. Franke’s room (226). For more information, contact Mrs. Franke. 

Stuco At Large: First meeting was Sept. 1. September meeting: 9/1. Stuco At Large typically meets during Red Soar Time in Mrs. McMillen’s room (329). For more information, contact Mrs. McMillen.