• Apr 30 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 4, Zumwalt East - 0
  • Apr 29 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 6, Troy - 0
  • Apr 29 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Incarnate Word - 1
  • Apr 27 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 12, Barstow - 2
  • Apr 27 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 6, Barstow - 8

Kindness Makes the World Go Around

School tradition of Be Kind Week is all about being inclusive and respectful to others
Be+Kind+T-shirts+were+handed+out+by+teachers+to+those+students+who+did+an+act+of+kindness+during+Be+Kind+week.+
Sydney Davis
Be Kind T-shirts were handed out by teachers to those students who did an act of kindness during Be Kind week.

Kindness can have a ripple effect on someone who may be having a bad day. It can also inspire them to cheer up others.

Be Kind week is all about being caring, inclusive, and respectful to fellow peers, staff, administrators, and even to others outside of school. The annual event took place from Nov. 13-17 and during the week, various activities take place.  

• Kindness Bingo: Bingo sheets were distributed with kindness challenges that were simple and easy to do, and they encouraged students to be kind to others in small, meaningful ways. 
  • Kindness Letters: Students had the opportunity to write letters of thanks to staff members or friends to be delivered throughout the week during power lunch. After they wrote their note, they had the opportunity to enter a raffle and win a gift card. 
  • Random acts of Kindness: Students and staff were encouraged to perform random acts of kindness throughout the week. This could be anything from simply holding the door open to leaving a kind note on someone’s desk.
  • Be Kind Shirts: Teachers handed out “Be Kind” shirts to students as they catch them in moments of kindness.
Be Kind Week is a tradition and was made possible with help from the StuCo Be Kind committee. (Avery Bowen)
  • Gratitude Journal: Make a copy of this Gratitude Journal can help you keep track of your week and help accomplish goals.

Be Kind week also had an assortment of spirit days that students and staff participated in. These spirit days include: 

• Monday: Dreaming of kindness; PJ Day
  • Tuesday: Your future is bright when you are kind; Neon Day
  • Wednesday: Score some points by helping others; Team apparel
  • Thursday: Eagles Kingdom; Red, White, and Blue
  • Friday: Friendly Friday; Be Kind shirts

Be Kind T-shirts were distributed to students who made someone else’s day by being kind. Acts of kindness can be anything from helping someone pick their items up off the ground to even giving them a compliment or helping with a project/classwork that maybe someone is struggling with. Either way, Be Kind week is a big deal, everyone deserves to feel safe and happy with their fellow classmates, staff, and administrators.