• Apr 25 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Ursuline - 1
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Holt - 5
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Holt - 1
  • Apr 23 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Howell North - 1
  • Apr 22 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 3

Vinyards On Varsity

A look into the dance life of freshman twins, Adalyn and Audrey Vinyard as they experience high school together on the Belles varsity dance team
Submitted by Adalyn and Audrey Vinyard
Adalyn and Audrey are two out of three freshmen on the varsity dance team this year.
Adalyn and Audrey at the first football game of the Eagles season on August 31. 2023. (Submitted by Adalyn and Audrey Vinyard)

All athletes know the presence of pressure when on a varsity team. You have to prove to others that you have the skills and most importantly to keep up with the work.

Adalyn and Audrey Vinyard were announced to be joining the Liberty Belles dance team on May 26. 2023. 

Since being on the varsity team, the Vinyard’s have had many new experiences but with those experiences comes pressure.

With both Adalyn and Audrey being the only two out of three freshmen on the varsity team this year, it comes with many challenges. 

“I think it was a really big accomplishment for me,” Audrey said. “I’m really proud of myself.”

Along with the challenges, they have both made genuine friendships with the other Belles and coaches throughout the 2023-2024 fall and winter seasons.

The Belles have nationals coming up this year and the Vinyards hope for their team to win and give the seniors a final win to end the season.

It all started when Adalyn and Audrey Vinyard were 2 years old. Their first dance company they joined was Fusion Dance Center. “It makes me feel good to do it,” Adalyn Vinyard said. “It’s been a part of my life for so long.”

The inspiration for dance came from their own mother as she had been dancing since she was younger. As of now, their mother still teaches at Fusion Dance Center with both Adalyn and Audrey and their team.

Adalyn and Audrey plan to continue their dance career all four years of high school and hope to continue through college as well.