• May 7 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 2, Howell Central - 8
  • May 7 / Liberty High School - 0, Timberland - 3
  • May 7 / Boys Varsity VolleyballLiberty High School - 1, Zumwalt West - 2
  • May 6 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 6, North Point - 1
  • May 6 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 1, Zumwalt South - 2

Frontier Band Students Get to See What High School Band is Like

Eighth grade band joins the Eagle Regiment for their annual football game performance
Marley Higlen
The eighth grade Frontier band marches off the field with the Liberty Regiment.

Every year, Frontier Middle School’s band members join the Eagle Regiment during one of the final home games. This year, the middle school band members performed alongside the Regiment on Sept. 22 during the Liberty vs. Washington game. The eighth graders performed the National Anthem and Liberty fight song, alongside the Liberty High School Marching Band. This was under the direction of Ms. Sarita Magno-Parsons and Angelete Frein. 

The Frontier eighth grade band performs national anthem and fight song with Liberty Regiment. (Marley Higlen)

What is Eighth Grade Night?

Eighth grade band night is held once a year. On this night, the band students of Frontier join the high school band to play at a football game. The eight graders perform the national anthem, and the Liberty fight song at the beginning of the game. This shows the eighth graders a glimpse and what their band life is going to be like next year. This helps them feel more comfortable in this new setting.

What is the Purpose of Eighth Grade Night Band Night?

Eighth Grade Band Night helps familiarize the eighth graders to the high school band environment. “I would say it kind of helped me adapt to the environment,” sophomore Lorelei Wise said, “I feel like having at least a minuscule amount of familiarity with the people there, and everything kind of helped into that transition. At least I’m exposed to the environment.” 

Not only that, but the eighth graders can make new friends, and discover what their future peers are like. This helps them better adapt to high school life. It is also exciting for the high school band. This night helps the high school band members to build leadership skills as they guide the middle schoolers through the night. “I get to feel how it is and see what it is.” Ian Becher, 8th grader and percussionist, said. This also builds better connections between band students, both at the high school and middle school level.