• May 13 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 12, Howell North - 2
  • May 13 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 3, Zumwalt West - 2
  • May 11 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 1, Westminster - 5
  • May 9 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Orchard Farm - 15
  • May 7 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 2, Howell Central - 8

Has Taylor Found Her Romeo?

Are Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift supposedly getting serious off the field and stage?
Lena Blankley
Will we see our generation’s biggest popstar Taylor Swift rocking an 87 jersey?
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce leave together following the Chiefs 41-10 win over the Bears on Sept. 24.

Rumors sparking about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift supposedly dating went viral this past weekend when Swift attended a Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium. There was a lot of speculations revolving around the tight end and mega popstar. Neither Kelce or Swift confirmed the dating rumor, however, Kelce’s brother Jason said on Philadelphia’s WIP Morning Show, “I think it is 100 percent true.” This led to intrigue and both sides of fans wanting to know more.   

The first encounter 

According to Kelce, he attended Swift’s Eras tour in July in Kansas City. Kelce even hinted at giving Swift his phone number on a friendship bracelet he had made for her. Unfortunately, Swift didn’t talk to Kelce before or after the show, Travis saying, “Well, I was disappointed that she doesn’t talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs that she sings,” to his brother Jason on their podcast, “New Heights.” 

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce rocking both their worlds. (Lexi Daniels)

Your move Taylor 

On a radio station with older brother, Kelce opened up about inviting Swift to a Chiefs game saying, “I threw the ball in her court and told her, ‘I’ve seen you rock the stage at Arrowhead. You might have to come and see me rock the stage at Arrowhead and see which one’s a little more lit.’” The decision was all up to Swift as Kelce and fans waited to see what she would do with this offer. 

Cheering on her man 

Swift accepted Kelce’s invite to a game last week against the Chicago Bears. She was seen sitting in Kelce’s suite with mom, Donna. At the beginning of the game, Kelce did a shooting arrow motion some say directed towards Swift with others saying it was towards his mom. During the game, Swift was cheering for Kelce on and off the field, with thumbs up and fist pumping. 

After the game, the two were even seen leaving together from the game leaving lots of fans amazed with this possibility of this new upcoming romance. 

Travis Kelce does not want “Bad Blood” with Taylor Swift. (Lexi Daniels)

Swifties vs. Arrowheads 

Swift fans have a mixed review about the two becoming an item. Some are over the moon with excitement and others think she just wants to write another break up song. Some fans say things like, “If this couple stays together, I will have goals for myself.” However, others say things like, “She probably ran out of writing material for songs so she needs a new topic.” Thankfully, the majority of both fan bases are happy for the possibility of these two becoming an item. 

Do both fans agree?

With two completely different fan groups, it’s hard to tell what each side thinks. Student Colt Archer said, “It’s definitely already official,” and when being asked if it was for clout, he added, “No, they seem like they are really in love.” Another student, however, thinks the rumor is too good to be true. When asking Noah Green about the supposed rumor, he says, “No. It’s unbelievable. I just don’t think I can believe something like that,” also adding, “Kelce is too good for Taylor. She’s fallen off the wagon with her music so it’s probably for clout and a new song.” With mixed reviews among students, it’s hard to tell how these football and Swiftie fans feel about the forbidden romance. 

One thing is for sure Kelce and Swift are the media’s “New Romantics”. Only time will tell if Swift is in a “Love Story” or is she just very “Enchanted”.