• Apr 25 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Ursuline - 1
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Holt - 5
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Holt - 1
  • Apr 23 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Howell North - 1
  • Apr 22 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 3

Getting Into the Christmas Spirit With StuCo

StuCo has decked out the halls with their Christmas door and wall decorations
Senior+Ajla+Topcagic+poses+with+her+classroom+door+in+the+200s+hall.+
Anthony Rey
Senior Ajla Topcagic poses with her classroom door in the 200s hall.

Every year in December, Student Council helps Liberty get into that cheerful, Christmas spirit by decorating the halls with Christmas decorations. The halls all have a theme and each door in that hall is decorated with that specific theme: 

100 Hall: Mrs. Claus’s Bakery – Each door is decorated with a sweet treat to represent traditional holiday treats usually eaten during Christmas time.

200 Hall: Santa’s Workshop – Doors are decorated with drawings of toys that Santa’s elves create. 

300 Hall: Christmas Movies – Doors are decorated with nostalgic, classic christmas movies and quotes. 

400 Hall: Winter Wonderland – The doors in this hall are decorated with an icy touch for the winter wonderland vibe. 

StuCo takes their decorating very seriously. Senior Isabella Casas is a part of StuCo and gave her input on the door decorating tradition.

Mr. Range has his door decorated to the Winter Wonderland theme for the 400s hall decor. (Anthony Rey)

“It’s basically a way for the Student Council to spread holiday for all the teachers who work so hard throughout the year,” Casas said.  

It is important to celebrate teachers and their accomplishments just as much as students. To decorate every door in this building, it takes a good amount of StuCo’s time. 

“We usually start in the beginning of November to be able to get done on time. Each person is assigned about three to five doors to complete individually,” Casas said. 

StuCo puts a lot of effort into each door to make sure they get done on time and to the theme.

“We decorate to spread cheer,” senior Grace Richardson said, who is the current StuCo president for the 23-24 school year. “It helps to boost morale during finals and winter break coming up.”

Other places in the building decorate their own spaces. In the cafeteria, they have a great Christmas display to spread cheer while serving your lunch. The counselors office is also decorated with Christmas decorations along with a tree.

Christmas and winter break are right around the corner. Thanks to StuCo, we can celebrate the holiday here at Liberty with their decor!