• May 7 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 2, Howell Central - 8
  • May 7 / Liberty High School - 0, Timberland - 3
  • May 7 / Boys Varsity VolleyballLiberty High School - 1, Zumwalt West - 2
  • May 6 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 6, North Point - 1
  • May 6 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 1, Zumwalt South - 2

Liberty Welcomes New SRO

After receiving a promotion, Officer Wagner passes his title to Officer Stearns
Officer+Will+Stearns+%28left%29+and+Officer+Matt+Wagner+shake+hands+on+Wagners+last+day+as+an+SRO+at+Liberty.++
Alliah Gebhardt
Officer Will Stearns (left) and Officer Matt Wagner shake hands on Wagner’s last day as an SRO at Liberty.

Officer Matt Wagner has been working at Liberty as the school resource officer for over a year now and has become a well-respected person around the school making it easier for students to open up to him. 

Officer Wagner has received a promotion and will sadly be leaving, but he is excited to see what the future holds. Officer Will Stearns is the new SRO of the school and he is looking forward to the opportunity.  

“I’m excited to get to know everyone and get to experience something new,” Officer Stearns said.

“I’m glad I’m passing this job on to someone that’s just as passionate about this job as I am,” Officer Wagner said. 

Officer Stearns wants to build a good relationship with the students and be someone they can trust.

“I hope to be someone the students and staff can confide in and build trust with each other,” Officer Stearns said. 

Officer Stearns is happy and excited for his future here at Liberty and finding out everything the school has to offer. He knows he is going to have to earn his trust here and is ready for that and whatever Liberty has coming his way. Officer Stearns is all about chasing adventure and finding new challenges to overcome.

“Getting out of my comfort zone and trying something new is always a great experience and helps me find new things that I enjoy doing,” he said. 

Outside of work, Officer Stearns and his wife like to ride motorcycles and do the different motorcycle trails together.

All in all, Officer Stearns is an overall kind respectful person that wants to see where this job takes him and the bonds it will bring.