Battlehawks Return For a New Season But League Will Have a New Look

Learn about new parts of the Battlehawks team, from the new UFL, schedule, and roster
As spring comes closer, the UFL season is going to be underway. (provided by STL Battlehawks)

The St. Louis Battlehawks are back for another season, but are now under a different league. The UFL was founded on Dec. 31, 2024, and is a merger of two different minor league football leagues, the USFL, and the XFL. 

With the merger of the UFL, some teams from previous years stayed, and some didn’t make the cut. Nine teams were left out of the merger, three from the XFL, and six from the USFL. 

The 2024 Battlehawks schedule is featured above. (provided by STL Battlehawks)

With the absence of these teams though, comes with more talent on the rosters for the teams remaining. This can be shown throughout the 2024 Battlehawks roster. One of these players comes from the previous XFL team, the Seattle Sea Dragons, is Jahcour Pearson. He was widely considered the top receiver in the XFL last year for the Sea Dragons, and led the league in receiving yards.

The Battlehawks will start playing on March 30, on the road, against the Michigan Panthers. The Battlehawks’ first home game is on April 6, against the Arlington Renegades, who are defending XFL Champions.

Most players from last year’s Battlehawks team have returned, including fan favorite quarterback AJ McCarron, and Hakeem Butler, who had the second most receiving yards in the XFL last year.

It’s safe to say that this year is going to be an extremely fun season to watch the Battlehawks. Great players from last year’s team have returned, and great players have joined the Battlehawks this year.

From the Battlehawks Instagram page, there is only one thing head Coach Anthony Becht is asking of the fans; “We need to fill The Dome.”