• Apr 25 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Ursuline - 1
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Holt - 5
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Holt - 1
  • Apr 23 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Howell North - 1
  • Apr 22 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 3

Turning a Fresh Page

Liberty welcomes two new librarians
Mrs.+Taylor+%28left%29+and+Mrs.+Playle+%28right%29+complete+tasks+in+the+library.+They+are+beginning+their+first+year+at+LHS.+
Abbiegail Luker
Mrs. Taylor (left) and Mrs. Playle (right) complete tasks in the library. They are beginning their first year at LHS.

This year, we see some old and new faces in our library; Mrs. Nikki Playle and Mrs. Kimberly Taylor.

Playle was a librarian at a parochial school for five years, and then an assistant librarian at Holt for two years before moving over to Liberty. Playle enjoys reading the gorier mysteries and, more recently, autobiographies and memoirs.

If you recognize Taylor, that’s because she was a substitute teacher in the Wentzville School District.

“I loved the environment and everything about the library, so I jumped on the opportunity to work at Liberty.” she said. She likes reading fantasy and romance, specifically romance in the Regency era. 

Taylor enjoys working as a library assistant because she loves “the feeling of walking into a room surrounded by books,” and “being able to share that with others.” Playle and Taylor will happily give recommendations if asked, so do not hesitate.

While they tried to generally keep the library the same, the biggest major change is probably to the website. This year you will need to go to WSD Bookmarks, Destiny, and then Liberty High School. If you’ve been in the Wentzville School District long enough, you will probably recognize this as how we got to our libraries online in elementary and middle school as well. 

On the other hand, Taylor and Playle will happily continue traditions such as our Lit Loot Bag, Love on a Leash, and our many crafts and activities while also making room for new ones. The fourth Thursday of September will be “R and R”, which will be more of a quiet study area.

“I figure by the end of the month that’s when you start to get your projects and tests,” Playle said.

The library now opens at 6:45 a.m. and has started hosting academic assist again from 2:25 to 3:25 p.m.