Our Favorite Coffee Shops

The new coffee shops around Liberty offer a variety of specialty drinks and other items
The+Sweet+Spot+Cafe+in+the+Winghaven+Boulevard.+Its+one+of+my+favorite+coffee+shops+here.+
Charlize Rossow
The Sweet Spot Cafe in the Winghaven Boulevard. It’s one of my favorite coffee shops here.

For many people, coffee is their favorite drink. In the last several months, some new coffee shops opened and in the future there will be more of them. We feature some of the local coffee shops near Liberty and what specialties they have. And of course also what people who tried to think of them.  

PJ’s Coffee 

The new coffee shop is New Orleans based and the first came out in 1978. The first one in Missouri was opened near Kansas City and now has 150 shops around the country. There are two locations in the area, the older one being located at 2426 Highway K in O’Fallon, and the second one that was opened in the past year is located at 6480 Ronald Reagan Drive in Lake St. Louis. The coffee spot is owned by a wife and a husband team. They serve a variety of iced, frozen, hot, cold brew and nitro infused coffees with top Arabica beans. They also have organic tea, breakfast pastries, and their famous beignets.

7 Brew Coffee 

This coffee shop is very popular. A ton of people love this place. Their coffee is so creamy, and cheap for the size. I love how you can build your coffee from the bottom, including your own type of coffee, what sauce and syrups they use, etc. 7 Brew Coffee started in 2017 in Arkansas. It unfortunately didn’t open here until this year. It supports two drive-thru lanes and has no indoor seating. Its hours of operation are 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.  They serve a variety of made-to-order beverages including coffee, tea, Italian sodas, smoothies, shakes, energy drinks, and hot chocolate.  No food is served at 7 Brew Coffee. 

Southern Grace Coffee

This coffee shop is now open in The Meadows, currently with a coffee truck. They are putting in an actual shop for it in January though. The owners love coffee a lot and so they decided to open their own shop. They opened the first one in 2022 at Elsberry High School, then all around St. Louis counties. It’s a cozy ambiance for everybody including a fireplace, a selfie wall and nice chairs. The drinks are named after family and friends, for example Pappy’s White Chocolate, which has white chocolate sauce and topped with whipped cream.

Sweet Spot 

This shop is not only coffee, it has a lot of different variations of food and drinks. donuts, pastries, breakfast, sandwiches, coffee and more. It’s a third generation family business since 1979. The Sweet Spot is located at 9951 Winghaven Boulevard, O’Fallon. It’s voted as the 45th best donut shop in the nation. 

Scooter’s

Another recommendation is Scooter’s Coffee. It has two locations in O’Fallon and one in St. Peters. It began in 1998 with their first drive through in Nebraska. They sell brewed coffee, lattes, energy drinks, smoothies, and a variety of breakfast foods. They think the name is fitting because customers “scoot in and scoot out” quickly. Scooter’s Coffee got great reviews and they use special Arabica beans. It’s definitely worth a try.