Do You Like to Travel?

A lot of people like to travel and they share some of their favorite places
Avery Bowen
People like to travel because all of the amazing sites you can see outside of where you live. Do you have a specific place you would like to go to?

There are many places in the world that would be incredible to see and travel to. We went around Liberty to ask students about their favorite and least favorite travel destinations. 

Junior Charlize Rossow has been to many countries around the world. (Emerson Stubblefield)

Charlize Rossow

• Rossow, a junior has visited 22 countries. 
  • “I have visited 22 countries and I still want to see more places in the world. You can just see a lot of different cultures and places.” 
  • “Dubai is one of my favorite places that I have visited because of everything. It was nice because of the buildings and it’s all just so modern and clean.”
  • Rossow was 1-year old when she first started traveling. The first place she traveled to was Spain.

Zoe Snell

Sophomore Zoe Snell has been to many big cities around the U.S. and loves to travel. (Emerson Stubblefield)
  • Snell, a sophomore, says she loves traveling. “I love traveling, I have been to Boston, Virginia, Chicago, Nashville, and San Francisco.”
  • “I really like seeing big cities. I’ve always loved a good, big city. I really like getting away and seeing different perspectives and seeing everywhere. I loved Virginia because there was such a beautiful island and it was just really pretty.” She explains that Virginia was one of her favorite places she has visited. 
  • The first place Snell traveled to was Nashville when she was 10 years old
Sophomore Ely Williams has been to several places across the country. (Emerson Stubblefield)

Ely Williams

• Williams, a freshman, has been to 11 different states. 
  • His first place he’s traveled to was to Tennessee when Williams was 3 years old.
  • His favorite place he traveled to was Arizona.
  • Iowa was his least favorite place he went to. “There wasn’t a lot to do in Iowa. I didn’t really like it.” 

Matthew Johnson

Freshman Matthew Johnson has visited a few different states, with Oregon being his favorite. (Emerson Stubblefield)
  • Johnson, a freshman, has visited four different states, “I have gone to Illinois, Florida, Alabama, and Oregon.”
  • He states that Oregon was his favorite place he has gone to. 
  • Alabama was his least favorite place because of the hurricanes.
  • He was 6-years old when he first started traveling, and the first place was Florida.