• May 2 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 10, Lutheran St. Charles - 1
  • May 2 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 3, Holt - 1
  • May 2 / Boys Varsity VolleyballLiberty High School - 3, Troy - 0
  • Apr 30 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 4, Zumwalt East - 0
  • Apr 29 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 6, Troy - 0

Meeting the New English Teacher: Mrs. Bryan

Everything you need to know about the new ELA teacher
Anthony Rey
New ELA teacher Mrs. Bryan helps her students with their classwork.

Liberty High School has been welcoming a lot of new teachers this school year, one of them being the new English teacher, Mrs. Bryan.

While this is her first year here, Mrs. Bryan has been teaching for 17 years overall. Before teaching here, she taught at Palmyra High School, which she says is a lot smaller than Liberty. Originally, Mrs. Bryan went to University of Missouri for pre-law, but ended up not going to law school and instead, went back to school a couple years later to get her teaching degree.

Outside of school, Mrs. Bryan enjoys spending time with her family. She has two daughters who are 23 and 21. She also enjoys traveling, running/walking, taking care of her plants, and of course, reading. She says she runs 5Ks, 10Ks, and “the occasional half marathon.”

“I am so excited to see a whole year through at Liberty. There are so many sports to watch, activities to see – like the plays and band, and spirit days,” Bryan said.

Mrs. Bryan says the staff and students are amazing, and the supportive administration is what makes working here at Liberty fun. The reason she moved from her old school to Liberty was because her husband is a state trooper and took a promotion to move to Troop C St. Louis.

Mrs. Bryan teaches 9th and 10th grade English, and she claims she loves teaching both grades equally.

“I love the time that I get to spend with students one-on-one to improve their writing skills. It’s so important to be able to communicate and present your ideas in the best way possible,” she said.

When asked if she could change anything about teaching, Mrs. Bryan said she would love to have a personal assistant to grade all of her essays.

“I love to help students with their writing, but sometimes reading 150 of them can be overwhelming.” All of Liberty’s new teachers are helping to make the school a better place, and we’re excited to welcome every single one of them.