• Apr 25 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Ursuline - 1
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Holt - 5
  • Apr 24 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Holt - 1
  • Apr 23 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 2, Howell North - 1
  • Apr 22 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 3

‘Wish’: An Honest Review

Why is it receiving so much hate?
I+recently+watched+Disneys+newest+film+Wish%2C+which+has+received+mixed+reviews.++
Charlize Rossow
I recently watched Disney’s newest film “Wish,” which has received mixed reviews.

Winter means movie time for me. It’s cold outside and you can get cozy inside and watch a lot of movies. A lot of good ones are coming out right now. One of them is the new Disney movie to celebrate the 100th year of Disney with it.

On Nov. 22, Disney released a new movie called “Wish.” Since its release, “Wish” is already gaining a lot of attention, but not everybody is convinced by it. It got a lot of criticism and bad reviews. This review will tell you why.

Here you can see the different animation style with people from the village. (provided by Walt Disney Studios)

“Wish” is a musical-fantasy movie and is 1 hour and 32 minutes long with a lot of songs. It’s about a 17-year-old girl named Asha. She makes a wish so powerful that it’s answered by a cosmic little star. He has boundless energy and his name is Star. With his help, Asha needs to save the kingdom from the King Magnifico and she has to prove when the will of one courageous human connects with the magic of the stars. A lot of things happen. 

The 17-year-old girl Asha is the main character in the new Disney film that debuted in theaters over Thanksgiving break. (provided by Walt Disney Studios )

The movie started off good with a pretty simple storyline and it came directly to the plot. You should pay attention because otherwise you would miss the plot. The animation style is slightly different then from the other Disney movies before because the background looks like it’s blending watercolors together. So kind of if the background and foreground would be in different dimensions. Some like it, some don’t, but it’s definitely a new thing. The voice acting is great and some of the songs are really good too. The wishes aren’t the desire you would want first and more like wishes about true happiness. It also describes independence but at the same time a bit of depression, so it’s also about important topics.

Personally for me, it’s not my favorite Disney movie, because the story is not that special and there are better classics. I would give it a seven out of 10. It’s a good family movie with good humor and worth to watch, but the criticism is also reasonable at some points for me.