Two Candidates Return to Campaign For a Spot on the Wentzville Board of Education

With two returning candidates, here is a look into how the student-led Town Hall livestream will proceed
Avery Bowen
Town Hall is a live-streamed event for candidates to share how they plan to help improve the Wentzville Board of Education. Town Hall will be live March 21 at 6 p.m. on Youtube.

The 2024 Town Hall will take place on Thursday, March 21 at 6 p.m. This is a student-led live-streamed event on YouTube where the candidates running for the Wentzville Board of Education will be asked questions by our moderators in order for the community to get a better understanding at how the candidates would improve our Board of Education if elected. 

There are two candidates who will be in attendance at this year’s Town Hall. These candidates are David Biesenthal and Brad Welsh, both of which attended last year’s Town Hall. Candidate Leigh Palitszch was unable to attend due to conflicts, and Cindy Reidy was contacted multiple times but no response was given.  

The candidates will be asked five general questions, and will have 90 seconds to respond to each question.  A 10-minute intermission will follow. Starting now, and until the end of the intermission, viewers will be able to submit questions on a Google Form. This allows for students, staff, parents, and admin to submit questions that could be asked in the next section. 

Each candidate will then be asked five questions sent in by the audience and public, and will have another 90 seconds to respond to each question. Candidates will then wrap up the event with a 60 second closing each.

Any other updates before and during the event will also be posted to the Facebook page where people will be able to find the link to the live streamed event. 

This event is a completely student-run event by various members of LHS Publications. This year there is a crew of 11 students helping research, advertise, and produce this event and is being led by executive producers Anna Simms and Liz Hayes.

This event is livestream only and cannot be viewed in person. For more information about this event, please follow @WSD BOE Town Hall on Facebook.

View Comments (1)
Liz Hayes
Liz Hayes, Editor-in-Chief of Broadcast Media
Liz Hayes is a senior and this is her fourth year in publications. She is the editor-in-chief of broadcast media where she produces “The Eagle’s Eye” as well as the livestream producer. She is also a reporter for the Talon yearbook and LHSToday. She enjoys listening to music and working on publications in her free time. Liz hopes to be a director for a living. Her dream school is NYU and she hopes to live in NYC during and after college.

Avery Bowen
Avery Bowen, Reporter
Avery Bowen is a junior and this is their first year in publications. She is also involved in drama club working as a crew head for set. Outside of school, Avery can usually be found quietly drawing in their room or taking a nap. When not hanging out in her room, Avery is outside in nature walking along her backyard creek and fishing. After high school they plan on studying wildlife biology at an out-of-state college. 

• K

Kay Copeland | Mar 13, 2024 at 4:07 pm

I find it disheartening that BOE candidates are once again opting to forego participation in the town hall. It’s not only distasteful but also borders on disrespect towards the dedicated student organizers who put in hard work for months on this event. Nonetheless, I’m eager to watch this year’s livestream to hear Biesenthal’s and Welsh’s responses.

Reply